Frame Drawings

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punganisse

Hi there,i need a drawing of a frame to fit my -49 chevy truck body on.its going to be a nice ratrod.im building the rest on my own just going to use the body and chopp it.Thats all folks

Since almost every hot rod is unique unto itself, there really aren't many premade frames or blueprints out there. To get a good fit and good look, you have to start from scratch and design your own.

Not as hard as it sounds. Simply prop up the body at the ride height you want, set the motor in front of it, put the front and rear axles and tires in place where they look good, then build a mock up frame out of 2 x 4 lumber. You can use sheetrock screws to hold it together, and wood gives you a cheap way to see how your finished product will look and also you can make changes really easily.

It is important to have all of your major components on hand before you do this so you can determine clearances and stance.

Don

You might find a drawing for a stock frame
on a hard core Chevy truck resto site.

Depending on what you are doing,
it may or may not not be a lot of help.

Latest posts

Back