frame

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most any forum doesn't like the "what should I pay for this", "how much should I sell this for" type questions. If you had said - I found this thing, the guy wants $$$, is that about right? You probably wouldn't get BS.

The smart answer: How big is the stick? :D

Most any forum doesn't like the "what should I pay for this", "how much should I sell this for" type questions. If you had said - I found this thing, the guy wants $$$, is that about right? You probably wouldn't get BS.

The smart answer: How big is the stick? :D

Thanks Sam, not like i'm a neewbe here just to sell or buy.
I'm just think about useing a A frame- no leads on one, but want to know if when I find one what to expect- thats all
Will try to get the wording right next time.

Yeah, I think anywhere between $ 150 to $ 300 would be about right. Once you start getting higher than that the repro frames start to make sense. A stock Model A frame as it sits is not ready to use in a hot rod, it requires lots of boxing and additional crossmembers to make it rigid enough to use. A stock A frame is like a wet noodle and can be twisted out of shape by hand.

I used a stock A frame under my 27 and when I was done I had more money and time in it than I could have bought a reproduction one for. But at least I can say I have a true model A frame under it, for what that is worth. :D

Don

Yeah, I think anywhere between $ 150 to $ 300 would be about right. Once you start getting higher than that the repro frames start to make sense. A stock Model A frame as it sits is not ready to use in a hot rod, it requires lots of boxing and additional crossmembers to make it rigid enough to use. A stock A frame is like a wet noodle and can be twisted out of shape by hand.

I used a stock A frame under my 27 and when I was done I had more money and time in it than I could have bought a reproduction one for. But at least I can say I have a true model A frame under it, for what that is worth. :D

Don

saw a post on another site were the guys selling rep. ones for 300.00
+ shipping sounds like a repop is the way to go if I go with a A frame.
I have a 29 ply. frame under it now. (31 Ply. coupe)

Latest posts

Back