fresh thinking photos

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, a quickie "Gooooooogle orgy" led me to the following link:

http://temp.gmcnet.org/pipermail/gmclist/2009-June/028509.html

Apparently, a V-drive low-profile AWD system, designed by Dana-Spicer, to be used by GM, Dodge, Ford especially for ambulance and emergency vehicle work.

I HATE IT when people make me THINK!!!!:mad:;) Jeez, I'd just started getting a good night's sleep last night, now I'll be up half the night tonight redneck engineering in my head!:D

Regards,
Shea:)

fresh thinking in the '40's

183237_10150102117465256_7388940255_6143909_6132354_n-1.jpg

That torsion bar suspension was pretty slick..

i was hoping for some discussion about that suspension

Wasn't aware they used that type of suspension back then... very cool...and probably a whole lot lighter than the typical coil or leaf suspension of the era.... was that what you were expecting....Eman???

Wasn't aware they used that type of suspension back then... very cool...and probably a whole lot lighter than the typical coil or leaf suspension of the era.... was that what you were expecting....Eman???

Looks factory doesn't it :) The whole thing is so well built that it's looks like a factory built two engine truck. Would this get any attention if it were street legal and driven to shows and cruises now.

217107_10150156263800256_7388940255_6486337_172853_n.jpg

Okay, a quickie "Gooooooogle orgy" led me to the following link:

http://temp.gmcnet.org/pipermail/gmclist/2009-June/028509.html

Apparently, a V-drive low-profile AWD system, designed by Dana-Spicer, to be used by GM, Dodge, Ford especially for ambulance and emergency vehicle work.

I HATE IT when people make me THINK!!!!:mad:;) Jeez, I'd just started getting a good night's sleep last night, now I'll be up half the night tonight redneck engineering in my head!:D

Regards,
Shea:)

Had to post a photo of this thing you speak of.
Ive never seen anything like it and now i hate you cause ill be looking under every van in the scrap yard trying to see this in person ;)

Attachments

• V-Drive01.jpg
    V-Drive01.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 92
Ok... conversion used on chevy vans mid/late 70's

Had to post a photo of this thing you speak of.
Ive never seen anything like it and now i hate you cause ill be looking under every van in the scrap yard trying to see this in person ;)

used for ambulances and fire depts for remote areas....Alaska for one.... not sure of other uses...... but you get the point... sat at regular ride height of normal van....didn't raise them at all...not sure who built the tri Y transfer case.... kind of a cool idea... don't know why it didn't last long.... probably not enough ground clearance for rough terrain....:eek:

Attachments

• chevyy.jpg
    chevyy.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 107
  • chevyy2.jpg
    chevyy2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 140
  • chevyy3.jpg
    chevyy3.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 118
Can you imagine the draw that would get??

Looks factory doesn't it :) The whole thing is so well built that it's looks like a factory built two engine truck. Would this get any attention if it were street legal and driven to shows and cruises now.

217107_10150156263800256_7388940255_6486337_172853_n.jpg

I think it's sweet..... simple.... and looks really cool.....

Took me a second to notice this one for what it is :eek:
I thought it was just another bucket.......wrong again [cl

Although it seems mighty superimposed.
Dirt road but clean tires? Headlights seem oddly on. And the sky is cloudy but the sun sure is pearing down brighly in the car, truck, bucket, err jeep?!
None the less, pretty fresh!

That Steering is very cool especially in a vehicle with a motorcycle engine.

But I would like to know more about that Caddy.

These are two of the coolest pictures in this thread

Latest posts

Back