front end lowering

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantwell.colton

Rat Rod Philosopher
i finally got a mail jeep = been looking for almost 2 yrs now-- working on getting it up and running well ... and i was thinking i want the front to sit lower -- what i plan on doing is just putting smaller tires (maybe even wheels) on it bc its easy and effective -- BUT (and i dont think i will do it just curious)

is it possible to lower the front end using lowering blocks? its got leafs and a solid axle -- leafs already go under the axle -- i dont know why in my head it doesnt seem like a good idea - just curious if it IS ok

if it has a parallel leaf up front you can block it, but it is going to ride like hell. make sure you get a block kit that is the same width as your springs.

its parallel - just never heard or seen it .. curious if it was alright to do was all - like i said - i dont know why but i dont like the idea - esp when i can just run smaller tires.

As long as you don't go drastic, it should be alright!! Me I wouldn't go but a couple to three inches! You'll have to make sure the steering link doesn't rub anywhere!

Blocking the front end can get kind of dicey. (yes I know people do it) Unlike the rear of a car, the front end is subject to alot of different forces while driving, this can cause front blocks & ubolts to loosen up and fail.You might try having the springs dearched, or the spring eyes reversed.

I just did axle over leafs...holy crap it just dropped my truck so low that I might have to raise it up lol

In some states its illegal to use blocks in the front. If you do use blocks, make sure the axle doesn't hit the frame or oil pan.

Latest posts

Back