Funny stuff

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racer93

OK, you guys will get a kick out of this. After testing running my project a went out and bought some new battery cables so I could relocate the battery in the bed.
My shop light burns out right when I'm getting ready to hook everything up last night. So working in the dark (it's my story so I'm telling it how I want now) I throw the cables on and the battery arcs as I attach them ( 1st clue something was wrong, nope didn't catch it).
I get in the car and it's cranking like crazy but not firing.(2nd clue the amp gauge stops working) Hell I even pull the air clean and shot starter fluid to it. Thinking I fryed someshing but cant find or smell anything burnt. I call another RRR member (Mr Gusset) and he is thinking coil (dang VW has 6 wires going to coil what they are other than the tach who knows, what where they go)or points (thinking I hate points).
I get off the phone and the wifes looks at me and says did you put the battery cables on right,.... my normal response would have been YES only a dumbass would put them on wrong,.....

...It just didn't want to start cranking backwards. I should have shot the starting fluid up the exhaust,....

[P

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back