Garage find

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would just wash it, fix what needs fixin for the road and drive it like it was ment to. Awesome find TI![cl

Here's some more pics, the first two are after I loaded up...it set in the left side of that garage since 1978.

65_LeMans_04.jpg

65_LeMans_05.jpg

The driver's side window was down all those years so it's just as dirty inside.

65_LeMans_06.jpg

65_LeMans_10.jpg

I had a set of 14" Chevy ralleys with new tires that I'll use on it at least to drive it some.

65_LeMans_07.jpg

65_LeMans_11.jpg

65_LeMans_08.jpg

They had the bumpers re-chromed, they've never been unwrapped since they were done...I'm about afraid to look.

65_LeMans_09.jpg

Yeah, I'd like another Pontiac. I had a 66 Tempest with a 326 high compression engine with 4 barrel and dual exhausts. It was a pretty fast car. Then I turned it into dirt stock car. [S [S [S

That is a great score, congratulations. :D I had 2 66 goats but always liked the styling on the 65's. It was crisp and good looking.

I'm envious. :D

Don

When I was a kid back in the late 1970's I was getting my feet wet with the whole roundy round oval track scene and at that time there was what they called a late model stock car class and I can still those cars power sliding around on the dirt track. Rollcages inside...bright colors outside...huge hand lettered numbers on the doors. Wire mesh for a front windshield and grill too....they were huge cars then...real men drove them with no power steering either 4 wheel drum brakes too....I bet they were a handful to drive. I had a 1967 Chevy Camaro with a 6 cylinder 3 speed that I raced in the then "hobby class". Oh my gosh those were fun days. Young and dumb we were.
Thanks for mind rewind.

It is amazing how many half baked and long forgotten projects linger in garages. It is pretty typical for cars to get tore apart and some new stuff bought, maybe the engine rebuilt and then the owner looses interest.
Nice find and one of my favorite body styles.

so my 69 chevelle has not moved or run from the garage where it sits for almost 6 years now. At what point does it become a "barn Find" and does it count if you find that you already own it?[cl

Not sure that qualifies....LOL

so my 69 chevelle has not moved or run from the garage where it sits for almost 6 years now. At what point does it become a "barn Find" and does it count if you find that you already own it?[cl

I don't think you could "find" your own stuff....(sometimes I do, but I'm old....lol) Don't cars have to sit for 20 or 30 years to be considered a "barn find"....or does it simply boil down to any project that sits abandoned for any amount of years and is covered by a thick layer of dust and may or may not be in several cans, buckets, or assorted boxes and or be seperated from the frame?????? Wow, got a bit dizzy typing that....:D

And by the way.....why aren't you at work...

I am.....had to come in early cause the Chief is off....since I'm the second in command, I'm stuck.....:(

I am.....had to come in early cause the Chief is off....since I'm the second in command, I'm stuck.....:(

Haha! I am at work. came in early cause the chief is out. Being as there is only 2 of us does that make me second in command? OP sorry for the thread jack! now back to your regularly scheduled program.........[cl

Latest posts

Back