Gas monkeys strike out again!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toad

It's a pretty boring Monday night and I was trying to find something to watch on the tube and after looking at the menu several times I saw Fast & Loud was on. Being really bored I thought I'd see what those fools were up to. They were selling some cars at Barrett Jackson and of course they were losing their butts again. The only thing that keeps these guys in biz is the TV show. I think most of it has to do with their horrible reputation. Still confused at how this show stays on TV!

Toad

I was also kinda bored too. I figured at least a stupid car show has cars.

Two things I didn't understand:

A) Doesn't Barrett Jackson allow the seller a Reserve Price, like Mecum does?

B) Who buys a '68 Impala for $46K ?

The business IS the television show. It's owned by the network, not some guy. It's a set, NOT a shop. FAKE. What does it take for folks to realize that? It's completely scripted. There are no customers, there is no business, there are no "deadlines", there is no losing money. Only pockets being lined with advertising dollars. The sooner people come to grips with that the sooner we can get rid of such mockery. Maybe then the uneducated will also stop using 100% fiction as a measure for real life...

The business IS the television show. It's owned by the network, not some guy. It's a set, NOT a shop. FAKE. What does it take for folks to realize that? It's completely scripted. There are no customers, there is no business, there are no "deadlines", there is no losing money. Only pockets being lined with advertising dollars. The sooner people come to grips with that the sooner we can get rid of such mockery. Maybe then the uneducated will also stop using 100% fiction as a measure for real life...

That is why you see cars that sold in the background.

i keep trying to like something...ANYTHING on teevee because my wife likes it.
i just freakin cant do it.[S

There you go again... clouding fantasy with fact. :D

Coming Soon: Gas Monkey on this facade...

occ-building.jpg

Kill your television!!!

i keep trying to like something...ANYTHING on teevee because my wife likes it.
i just freakin cant do it.[S

I hear ya. My folks watch it all the time, and the only thing I can watch for any length of time is sports, and even that is boring as hell... :(

BTW, I have two tv sets and never watch either one. Thought of making yard art with a sledge hammer through the screen, but why waste a good sledge???

I haven't watch a tv program in over a year or so. 99% of what is on it is BS and I have enough of that in my life already.

I hear ya. My folks watch it all the time, and the only thing I can watch for any length of time is sports, and even that is boring as hell... :(

BTW, I have two tv sets and never watch either one. Thought of making yard art with a sledge hammer through the screen, but why waste a good sledge???

i have a fancy 65 inch teevee and a kick butt home theater sound system
i use it for watching dvd/blurays
love movies
hate teevee

The show doesn't bother me... I find it entertaining... Not sure why it riles some people up... It's just TV...

At least they are doing something unlike some reality TV...

I agree with corpo, its just a show. They do have some nice lookin rides. There are a few things that make ya think wtf? But what diesnt these days.

Latest posts

Back