Got some "Possum" for my Birthday!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake Farm

Ol school snake charmer!
Today was my Birthday and my present from my daughter was George Jones tickets.........and even though he's only a couple months shy of 81 years old and nicknamed "No Show Jones".........he showed up this evening! [cl

Eric Beddingfield opened for him and ended his set with "The Gospel According to Jones"

EricBeddingfield8-5-12Large.jpg

Then George came out and did an hour.........

GeorgeJones8-5-12Large.jpg

He did most of his big hits or at least a verse or two of them. His age and lifestyle is catching up with him fast and he struggled a bit but gave it his all. It was one of those little outdoor venues (the grass parking lot of the local Dirt Track) and in typical fashion it poured the rain down......it started raining during "He Stopped Loving Her Today", I thought that was fitting.
There were several folks that left with disappointed looks on their faces after the first couple songs.........I guess they just didn't get it, especially the elderly couple behind us that grumbled as the wife helped the husband to the parking lot [S:confused: What did they expect from someone about their age? As for me and my friend Lee, we just went to see the "man"........the "legend" and enjoyed it for what it was, a guy who still gets out there and does his thing as best he can.

George8-5-12Large.jpg

Thank you George, glad I got to see you! :cool:

Happy Birthday....sounds like you had a great time....what else could people expect from The Man....he's had a tough life and after hearing how he lived it I'd say he's lucky to still be kickin

Happy Birthday! I have been to a few of those legendary old time singers, and I have always been surprised at how well they do. And how small the crowds are, compared to how big they once were for them.

Love the man

Happy birthday SF
I've been to his concerts and it is an awesome thing :cool:
Son-in law says he's gonna stay drunk for a week when George passes :eek:
The only reason they left early was, it was past their bed time [ddd

Love No Show! I've caught a few of his shows over the last few years. Always enjoyed them. Merle Haggard is still incredible live, saw him last year in Portland with Kris Kristofferson...SO GOOD! Next up, Jerry Lee and Chuck Berry...I gotta catch those two before they go.

Latest posts

Back