Has anyone in California....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choppinczech

had trouble with either licensing your ride, or from the CHP due to headlight height?

I want to go low, super low. Just off of the frame rails.:cool:

Attachments

• 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 42
had trouble with either licensing your ride, or from the CHP due to headlight height?

I want to go low, super low. Just off of the frame rails.:cool:
None of us have had any issues, yet, but I do remember reading once there is a headlight height law.

Regarding licensing, go to a vin verifier to get the vin checked and all the paperwork filed out, don't take the ride down to DMV, it works much smoother to walk in the door with all the paperwork done and finaled. If you have all the paperwork done so the DMV clerk just has to look at it and it fills all the rules, they will stamp it good....

Ha...Ha...Ho...Ho...Ho...
Not till the annual vehicle inspection becomes law.....its being worked on behind closed doors. This is C.A.R.B."s next assault on non conforming cars ( Hot Rods of all type) it may take 4 or 5 years to be law but its on its way. save your Chicken Little comments........just be patient you'll see I promise.:)

Thanks Rusty, I'm doing a total scratch build.

I've read that a titling broker is the best way to go with that. Just pay them to deal with it I guess?

A broker is the best way because he or her will tell you the easy way to get what you want. the DMV stamps your paperwork then its very hard to change plans if some of your paperwork is not 100% right. I did the DMV nightmare for years till I was turned on to a broker. 30 or 40 bucks even 100 bucks is nothing when you got thousands in your Rod. ask around for a good broker in your area. good luck and have fun

Ha...Ha...Ho...Ho...Ho...
Not till the annual vehicle inspection becomes law.....its being worked on behind closed doors. This is C.A.R.B."s next assault on non conforming cars ( Hot Rods of all type) it may take 4 or 5 years to be law but its on its way. save your Chicken Little comments........just be patient you'll see I promise.:)

Good lord how I despise C.A.R.B.

What they have done to the trucking and large equipment industry in California has/is/will close down so many business in the state it's terrible.

I have one client that has a Cat that they installed the required CARB junk on it, and after two years and thousands and thousands of dollars the machine is useless from what they tell me.

Defentley use a broker

My 45 willys had no paperwork at all and no vin. or serial #. I bought a replica ID tag with the numbers i made up, never saw a CHP or DMV office. It did cost $200 but very worth it.

Your a ways away form So.Cal. but if you in the area talk to them or give them a call. In and Out Registration, Lake Elsinore.
Good Luck

My grampa always said, do trouble trouble :cool:

I'm no Chicken Little either, but the handwriting is on the wall. Our hot rod days are numbered, no matter where you live. Maybe not in the next 5 years, but eventually they will slowly legislate us out of existence.

Enjoy them now, guys, enjoy them now. :(:(

Don

Thanks Don......I fought against the helmet law here for years and not enough people believed it could happen. and believe me the last thing I want to be able to say is "I told you so"

the ironic thing here was a legislator who was the driving force behind the helmet bill, named Richards was a chain smoker and a few years later he was ejected out of the Capitol Chambers for smoking by the Master AT Arms, after the law was in place that stopped smoking in the Capital.

He told the Press that smoking was his Right and no one could tell him what to do with his life. almost word for word what we use to say about not wearing helmets.

Sorry for the rant guys.......just a old man that can't seem to stop fighting for our freedom.:eek:

Latest posts

Back