Hello from the Great White North

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sulzst

Hi all, Steve here new to the forum, I live in Northern Alberta in Canada, as you can imagine when you live in Canada and describe your location as Northern, it's cold most of the year. Luckily I have a large heated shop. I have been in the hobby for about 15 years and have done a bit of everything, restorations, hot rods, street rods, and now working on a 1941 Fargo (Dodge) rat rod. I will start a build thread and post progress pictures. I added some pictures of the Fargo project and also of my restored 1929 chevy truck below. I also have a 1940 chevy convertible (was a sedan which was almalgamated with a 1964 chrysler ragtop and glass), that I am working on, but i dont have any pictures of it on my ipad. Next time i rotate the tires i will post some.

1941 Fargo: Camaro front clip with shockwave airbags, 383 chevy stroker, 350 automatic, camaro 10 bolt rear, cab chopped 4 inches, shaved handles, chrome etc. Interior and firewall are red, outside will be flat black, plan to spray bed and running boards with bed liner. This is a pretty old picture, and i have made a lot of progress since then, entire truck is in primer now. I was using an old truck rad from a ?1950's? grain truck, but it couldn't keep up with the small block so i just bought a griffin aluminum to keep it cool, that swap out is next on the list. Anyways, it is probably a borderline rat rod, no rust showing (it was all lovingly covered with mig wire and bondo), but the hobby is a progression, next on the list is either a muscle car (because i am tired of customizing every part), or a true rusty rat rod (because i am tired of bondo and sanding). There are plenty of 40's farm trucks around here so I am keeping an eye out for one with a nice patina.

c36f8e43.png

87bf9561.png

81c3c77c.png

welcome from the not quite so sunny and a little south of you! nice trucks. [cl

Wow beautiful PU... sadly we don't get Fargo's down our way but love 'um! Welcome for Tejas!!! :D

BoB

Latest posts

Back