Help me ID these cowls??????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtWorshiper

I recently got my good friend/mechanic to start beating the brush for parts while he's out in the field working. He recently came up with these two cowls and dropped them off at my house. He is gonna keep one and I will more than likely get the other. I was hoping someone out there could help me ID them. I think the first one may be an early Dodge Bros. and the second a Chevrolet because it has a Body by Fisher tag on it. Let me know if you know what they are. Thanks in advance!

Cowl1b.jpg

Cowl1a.jpg

Cowl1.jpg

Fisher bodies were used by several names back then. I'd guess the second one is a Chrysler. It had hydraulic brakes, that's what the grease-gun looking thing is for. Also the flat backed "cooking pot" cowl lamp looks Chrysler style.

I think that first one might actually be a Chevy, the Dodge one I have has a much smaller circle and only 4 "rays" coming out from it. I have a 24 Chevy cowl, I will look at it after church.

The first one is a GM. Probably a Chevy, but as Willowbilly said, a lot of GM cars shared the same cowls.

Ron

Upon closer inspection I am wrong.
Althouh the firewall in the first picture looks like my Chevy cowls yours is missing the raised lip on the side like your second one has.
My Chevy ones look like a combination of the two you have so I'm not really sure exactly what you've got.

Here's a picture of mine.
IMG_3422_edited-1.jpg

Jay

I just sold one of those a couple of weeks ago. By looking at the firewall beading, I'd be fairly sure the first one is a 1928 Chevy truck cab. I think 29 or 30 went to a non-beaded firewall. Enjoy! Chris

Latest posts

Back