Henry J Poser Gasser

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Henry J's, wish I could find one at a decent price. Very cool project and I have to agree that in this particular case a four gear might be a better fit for the style. Don't get me wrong, I like automatics and use them in some of my own, but a HJ gasser almost begs for a four speed. It would be no harder to install and the cost wouldn't be a whole lot more. I just bet you would have a lot more fun driving it is all I am sayin'.:D

Don

I got the framework for the gas tank made up this weekend. It's a Tanks.Inc. early Mustang style tank. Drops in from the top to give me an access hole from underneath to work through during the build, since my car is a "no trunk" model.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 34
I got the passenger side wheel house/tub finished up and installed this weekend. A lot more work than I thiught it would be. I hope the other side goes faster. A couple of pics.

Blue

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 29
I got the other side done this week but it fought me all the way. I took a few pictures as I went this time.

Attachments

• rolled lower edge.JPG
    rolled lower edge.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 41
  • beads rolled.JPG
    beads rolled.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 46
  • ready to hammerform.JPG
    ready to hammerform.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 45
  • welding.JPG
    welding.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 45
  • ds inner.JPG
    ds inner.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 45
  • ds wheel well.JPG
    ds wheel well.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 46
Another Piece of the Puzzle

Here's a pic of the 1st piece of the floor. The only piece that goes full width.

Blue

Attachments

• floor 1.JPG
    floor 1.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 39
  • floor 2.JPG
    floor 2.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 39
Thanks for the kind words about my work but I'm just a hack rat rodder.

I've gotten as far as I want to from the back forward. Now I have to work from the front back. I got steel to build a new front stub Fri.

Here's a couple of pics of what I have of the floor.

Attachments

• floor 2.JPG
    floor 2.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 32
  • floor 4.JPG
    floor 4.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 33
I've been working on my front stub. I had to take a few days off because I got some steel in my eye from grinding on it. Got a full face shield now and I don't want to go through that again. Here's a before picture and where it's at now. Still have to chop the front 6" off and take out the tempory braces.

Blue

Attachments

• old front stub 2.JPG
    old front stub 2.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 22
  • old front stub.JPG
    old front stub.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 23
  • new front stub.JPG
    new front stub.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts