Henry J Poser Gasser

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brought home an engine today. I got it from a friend who said he pulled it out of a customer's '68 Vette and put a crate engine in. Turns out it's a real mutt. I noticed while loading it, it had staggered valve cover bolts, but I had made sure it had side mounts. He had said it was a 283.

I got it home and ran the numbers and it turns out to be a '65 truck 283 with '55 265 heads. I think it will still work out for me because I was going to put better heads on it anyway.

Blue

I got my '36 out of storage today and brought home the swap meet headers I bought for the Henry J, too. I wanted to try them on my mutt 283 and see if they would fit over my frame stub. By tape measure checking, it looks like they'll fit well. The tubes will look wild, too.

Blue

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 22
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 22
I got a 700R4 today and mated it to my engine for a mockup today. Everything looks like it will fit together pretty good. Here's a couple of pics.

Blue

Attachments

• engine mockup.JPG
    engine mockup.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 22
  • engine mockup 2.JPG
    engine mockup 2.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 18
  • engine mockup 3.JPG
    engine mockup 3.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 19
I have to admit, sometimes I read this board and feel really dumb! For years I have leveled my frames front and back. Then propped my motor and trans combos on stacks of wood, jack stands and shimmed the whole mess with bits of metal, cardboard, tape or what ever I had. Here you are with a quick and dirty mount system with SCREWS on the feet! AND it is high up out of the way to fab mounts! excuse me while I bang my head on something............[S

I have to admit, sometimes I read this board and feel really dumb! For years I have leveled my frames front and back. Then propped my motor and trans combos on stacks of wood, jack stands and shimmed the whole mess with bits of metal, cardboard, tape or what ever I had. Here you are with a quick and dirty mount system with SCREWS on the feet! AND it is high up out of the way to fab mounts! excuse me while I bang my head on something............[S

I'd like to take credit for it, but I saw it here on RRR a while back. I don't remember who posted it but I knew I'd be stealing his idea when the time came to build mounts for my car.

Blue

I got some swap meet wheels today. 15X11 Fenton Gyros for the rear of the Henry J. They're a little rashy, but not too bad. Should work out OK.

Blue

Attachments

• new wheels 001.JPG
    new wheels 001.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 7

That engine mockup fixture is really slick.

Latest posts

Back