Hey it was free

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think that's it the number on the right in this picture is the one we need.

blkvin.jpg

I found this number right where you said it was and on the drivers side next to the water pump was a tag that was put on by a shop when it was probably rebuilt and it has the same stamp of fa20308 and then under it gives the bore and rod

Attachments

• DSC00164[1].JPG
    DSC00164[1].JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00165[1].JPG
    DSC00165[1].JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC00166[1].JPG
    DSC00166[1].JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 8
I found this number right where you said it was and on the drivers side next to the water pump was a tag that was put on by a shop when it was probably rebuilt and it has the same stamp of fa20308 and then under it gives the bore and rod

They may have decked the block and cut off the number I'm looking for...it starts with a letter then four numbers then ends with three more letters.

If I read those numbers correctly.....

I don't think that's it the number on the right in this picture is the one we need.

blkvin.jpg

If I read those block numbers correctly that motor was built in Flint MI on the 12th of January.... it's a 350 4spd motor from a Z-28...
I read it as V0112CLJ..... is that correct?

truck,

I have to agree that is not a 62 Chevy front clip 64-65 and if you want to know what the engine is for sure the block code no. is on the drivers side rear block deck where it bolts to tranny .right behind where head meets block.:cool:Get those no.s and we can tell exactly what you have,Great price.

What about if I wanted to get a 4 barrell manifold would I get it for a 283 or 327 and what about the oil filler, would I get it without and get valve covers with the filler?

I have to agree that is not a 62 Chevy front clip 64-65 and if you want to know what the engine is for sure the block code no. is on the drivers side rear block deck where it bolts to tranny .right behind where head meets block.:cool:Get those no.s and we can tell exactly what you have,Great price.

Of course right in the back where I cant get to. lol

Yes, a decent aluminum intake and a good 600 Holley would help it.

right on thanks. I took it for a drive around the block and had a little problem whenever I would take off real quick and shift quick it would make an awfull sound almost like gears grinding or maybe something to do with the clutch or flywheel.

Great old truck. You can find lots of wider 6 lug wheels. GM made plenty and they show up in junk yards and swap meets and folks practically give them away. I put some 8" wide wheels on my 66. Blast em and spray can em. Pick up some wide tall used radials for a rubber rake. I like the look of a worn body with painted wheels and a low stance.

Latest posts

Back