Hi All, from the great NorthWet

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Storm

I just got a new project to work on and found a home to hang out. I live in Ft Lewis Wa. (in the military) and just returned from deloyment (again) and going crazy with nothing to do. I picked up a 51' Chevy Styleline w/ a inline 6, 2 sp powerglide runs pretty good, airbags on the rear so far and a nice interior. I,ve got grand plans for the future and my 12 year old loves working on projects with me. Here is a few pics just wanted to stop in and say Hi.

Attachments

• DSCN6644.JPG
    DSCN6644.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN6649.JPG
    DSCN6649.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN6652.JPG
    DSCN6652.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN6646.JPG
    DSCN6646.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 14
Sorry I guess I should have been a little more clear. My 12 year old is a girl, but no sweat. She is as tough as an little boy i've ever met.

Welcome!!!

Storm,
Welcome to the forum... glad u found us. Kool Chev ya got there. Be sure to keep us posted on u're progress!!!

BoB

Thanks for the hi's guys. I saw that rare sight sometimes seen up here today,BOB (Big Orange Ball) in the sky. So there was some re-wiring to be done the previous owner had a few things bass akwards but all was able to be changed.
I was able to find the timing mark which took me a min. and then understand the fact that I could still rotate the distibutor after I tightened all down, mechanical vacume advance. I wasn't able to determine the amount to advance or retart, so if anyone knows I would appreciate it.

I replaced the plugs, set the timing and tried my hardest to set the carb. i'm pretty sure that I need to rebuild the carb.

All and all it was a sucsessfull day. I have a day or so to work with it and then off to another training event for a short period.

Here are few pics of where I currently sit.

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 19
  • carb3.jpg
    carb3.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 15
Welcome to the site...nice ride ya got there! i hope you and the daughter have alot of fun tinkering on, and cruisin in that sweet old chevy..keep us posted with pics & progress :D

HRP

Welcome.......

Welcome to the site, very cool project. :cool:
And the father - daughter team is very cool also.
I have my 3 garage monkeys (grandkids, 1 boy, 2 girls) helping
me out every chance I can.
Enjoy your time here. '22

welcome

Cool car and welcome to the site. I have a ten year old daughter that sometimes likes cars. I'm wearing her down!

Thanks for serving for us.

440shorty

Latest posts

Back