Hi Everyone from Indiana

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harleydean

Hello Everyone,
I go by Harleydean (actually my dogs name) but my name is Frank Harris and I am from Michigan City, Indiana. Love rat rods and Harley Davidson motorcycles. I have always been a dirt modified or jalopy lover and currently building a 34 Ford jalopy racer. I will update the forum of my progress if anyone is interested.
Anyone have any pictures that you can send my way or suggestions I am very interested!

Hey thanks a bunch for the welcome! Got a question I have bought a frame and then a body for a 34 Ford. The problem is I am getting a bill of sale, because I don't have a title of VIN number. Do any of you know, can I then apply for a title because it is a home built car? Is there a big issue with this? Any suggestions?

Welcome to the site
There's been a lot of conversations on this issue.
The best that can be offered is, you'll have to check your state out (DMV) for the rules and regulations on how to obtain a title.
Some states are harder than others.
There are some title processors that can do it for you but, they are getting some flack, so ya might hurry if you go that route.
Post some pics of your project too.
Oh and start a build thread so we can follow along.

Welcome to RRR from another Hoosier. Every state seems to be a little different on title. It would probably be best if you would go to your local BMV & have it explained. I know that you can no longer call to their office here in Randolph county. Really a pain in the BUTT!

Good luck with the build. Rex

WELCOME ..... From Crown Point Indiana here.

You'll need to apply for a kit car title.
You'll need to make a set of plates to mount to the body and frame that the BMV will give you.

Best bet is to stop at the BMV and inquire about what you are building.
On the Indiana BMV site it has a section on kit or built cars.

My frame had a South Carolina title and I got mine title in INDIANA no problem.
What sucks is we have emissions testing in Lake county and when I am due this year I have to go to the test site and get an exemption.

Lungs

Welcome from yet another Hoosier.

IMO Indiana is pretty easy to deal with on getting titles. My suggestion is to try to work with the same branch and person thru out the process if possible. I have a lot better luck with the smaller town branches then in the big city.

Good luck and post some pics!

Latest posts

Back