Honest Opinions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a few shots of what I call "true hot rod girls". I really like the shot of Jungle Pam and Jim talking to Shirley!

Attachments

• fast betties.jpg
    fast betties.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 16489u.jpg
    16489u.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 80
  • HLM7301.jpg
    HLM7301.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 72wildass.jpg
    72wildass.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 81
  • hamb41.jpg
    hamb41.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 83
The only thing that bugs me, like any minority in any type of group, is when others make a big fuss about them for the fact that they are a minority.

As for women, I understand why the posts from females get more hits than others (we are guys and we like women - duh), but don't give them a pass when it comes to work or doing 'manly' things. Women are just as capable when it comes to cars as any man, although they generally see cars from a slightly different perspective than men.

I have to agree, although, it's nice that I can post a question and am pretty much guaranteed to get an answer really fast thanks to my gender :D
You're also correct in saying that women see cars/trucks from a different perspective. My hubs sees a car and instantly starts thinking of the best engine for it. I look at one and start seeing the details and cosmetics...followed shortly by how I can make it faster, of course...LOL!

NOW WAY!!! Woman have no purpose in the garage... keep em' in the kitchen.

GOTCHA! Just kidding... if it weren't for my wife I would not be building my rod right now. My father -in-law is the one teaching me everything so I have to thank my wife for getting me into this. Also if she wants to complain about me working on the truck I just say, "If it weren't for you I wouldn't be working on the truck." hehehe. The more the merrier. I just have to get onto her for wearing flip flops when working on the truck... can you say tetnus shot?

No comment about the flip flops...good thing I've had my tetanus...hehe
kenz001.jpg

Honestly, would you guys rather we wear our heels? (j/k, of course!)

shoot i been lookin one who's into cars, where i am from , they are all taught go to college or be a house wife, nothing wrong with that!@!! but theyt aint eay to find, if ya find one hang on to her guys, bin for 20 years for a girl like that!!!! seem only to end up with psyco's!!:D
who get jealous of my ride!!! go figure? RTD

there's a group of women in my area that have a club called the Fender Skirts (and yes i know they're not the originals of that name) they own their own hot rods and customs and work on them too. there's a goup of guys that hang around them, friends, boyfriends and husbands, that all have shirts that say 'Skirt Chaser'

i think it's all good.....

Sure we could all do what we do without the ladies or their support , but it's a whole lot easier with their support . I don't mean just baby sitting so we can play , but your wife understanding when something is really important to you , like when you realllly reallllly want that blower to give your car that finishing touch !! I have alot of fun with my wife , though usually she doesn't get to ride with me much , she's always hauling the kids in the suburban behind me . we always try to make it a family thing as much as possible .

Not sure how I missed this the first time around, since women are one of my three favorite things (see my signiture below). I've been around cars since I was little, and it wasn't all my dad. My mom was a car nut too....mostly she loved racing, but that was good since my dad was responsible for the motors in a lot of the local race cars. They were at the track several times a week....dragging me and my sister with them. Personally I wish there were more women involved with the hobby (then I'd have a better chance of finding one to enjoy the hobby with :D )

I have no problem with it, and think it's great if a female gets into it. Makes the car shows and get-togethers more interesting...

Mmmm.......Girls are soft...... Actually, my girlfriend used to work right next to me as an alignment/suspension tech, before she tore up her rotator cuff. I call her the "Wrench Wench". She has two Blazers that she's building. Great eye for detail.

i just have to say to all the guys out there, it's really great to hear that you all are so accepting of women in this hobby. i can say i've definitely been looked at differently in both a good and a bad light for being female trying to make my way, but i have also been COMPLETELY recognized NEGITIVELY a few times without question... i just don't get it!

I just have to get onto her for wearing flip flops when working on the truck... can you say tetnus shot?

and heh i agree with kenzie... i wear flops while doing metal work[;)
weld.jpg

I only have daughters and I love them dearly. My oldest is a tom boy but hates to get here hands dirty.

My youngest is a girly girl but she will put on her frilly dress and crawl under the 38 and get all dirty trying to help.

I love it that my wife is a true rockabilly chic. She loves old cars and is waiting patiently for me to finish the 38 so I will help her with her 54 chev.

I say, I need 1500 to rebuild my pumpjack, she says why you telling me get it done, I want to drive it as much as you.

She will jump in and do whatever needs done, albeit she does so in 6 inch heels and a Lucille Ball housewife dress.

No complaints here!

A woman holding a cutting torch, a grinder or a welding torch is just way too awesome. Gets the testosterone flowing. I am all for it !!!! [dr

Just yesterday a guy I work with came back to work from running an errand and was all excited.........he said "Don, I found the perfect woman for you." (not that Don is LOOKING:rolleyes:) He said he saw a blond in her 40s or 50's driving a pink T bucket down the road. Said she wasn't bad looking and the car was awesome. :D

I may have to go to that little cruise they hold once a month down by where he saw her, just to check out her car. (But I'm not sharing any of my stash of old car parts with her.........gotta get a pre-nup[ddev.)

Don

I love women that like old cars!

Years ago I dated a woman that asked if she could borrow my old floor jack. She called me up the next day to come over and help lift her stripped down VW engine up onto the workbench. A week later she had rebuilt the engine and had painted it Pink and Yellow with little flowers on it...... Looked sort of ..NON Mechanical.. :)

My wife Kelly loves old cars.

MVC-096a.JPG

And gets her hands dirty.....

Cadman

I believe the original question may have been indicating about women in pin-ups, magazines, and in the automotive area. My response would be this:

The automotive market has been predominantly known as a "man's market". This is why magazines in all facets of the automotive world depict women in a sexual and seductive nature in advertisments and such. Men are drawn to pay more attention to an advertisement if a women is half dressed and sexy. It is a marketing campaign strategy that cannot go wrong. We see a sexy, seductive woman, scantly dressed and our eyes and testosterone leads us to looking at the ad. The objective is to use women in this manner in hopes that we men will see something in the ad and purchase from the company. The advertising strategy is not neccessarily wrong, other than the way women are depicted. Face it, us men are drawn to this type of thing by our very nature. Is it wrong to use women like this? I guess that is a matter of one's own opinion. I am a marketing major and have been taught to use any legal means to attract potential buyers. I don't think we will ever see this type of advertising campaign in any other way. Research has also shown that even women can be attracted to other sexy women in this type of marketplace. The bottom line is that we are all car nuts! We love this industry and love making things run better and faster than they were originally designed. As far as women belonging in this market...YOU BET THEY BELONG! This market knows no boundaries...this market knows nothing based upon race, creed, religion, age, or sexuality. I know of many women who can turn wrenches, weld, and fabricate better than a lot of my buddies! My own wife get's her hands dirty with me in the shop. She has rebuilt automatic transmissions and engines and yet she is an accountant! We need women in this market as much as any of us men are needed. We no longer live in the stone age or in the age of prohibition. This is the 20th century... the new age... the age of opportunity and equal rights. Now where is my Super Chevy magazine? I have a few ads to look at...[dr;);)

Latest posts

Back