How does the insert install

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

I have the Model A grille shell from Speedway, and want to get the grille insert from them. Now, can anyone tell me how the insert is installed? I can see tabs on the insert but see no place that they would bolt to the grille shell.

Any and all info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thats like asking a question and the answer you get is like:

j e f h efk n f e n fk ef k e mjf ek mk e fmk m f'KMEF ek smf sekmf eskmf and the instructions that come with the answer say some fabrication required :)

I think it's a build it yourself deal since there's so many guys run a custom grill and prolly make their own mounts or maybe ford changed them and it's a way to cover several different models???
I never did one myself but my experience with other cars is often body parts are not 100% ready to use

I was wondering the same thing. I looked in my handy dandy Speedway catalog and the only "insert" I see for a model a is a stone guard, which is not an insert per se. Those just mount on the outside of the shell with either fasteners or pop rivets. The stone guard is the same dimension as the outside of the shell so it covers the entire front, tanks and all.

Is that what you are talking about?

Don

Bill, I think this grille guard is what Johnny is referring to.

Don

grilleguard.jpg

stone guard

I just picked up a 10/31 Model A stone guard looks similar to this, paid $10.00 at a yard sale, they didn't know what it was for, Grampas estate,there's a kit to mount these to the grille, it should have came with the guard. I've seen guys use expanded metal with the ties that slide thru the fins of the radiator to hold them on at the 4 corners , rubber spacers between the metal and the radiator fins.

Latest posts

Back