howdy from SW ohio

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pegasus

hi my names jake im 22 my 1st truck was a 1949 willys pickup when i was 16
but i didnt have any tools and anywhere to work on it so i sold it 6 months after i got it and never got it running :(

but i now have tools and a barn to work on suff im now bulding a 51 willys pickup my plan is to set it on a 4.3L s10 2wd frame maybe convert it to a v8 later on but im going to do all the cool hotrod/rat rod things to it chop it channel it and slam it [ddev
10200820071.jpg

bDSC08671.jpg

bDSC08684.jpg

bIMG00304.jpg

downsized_1011081033.jpg

willys.jpg

willys1-1.jpg

willys1.jpg

if i can get my hands on a good clean frame i think i can get it done err on the road by the end of summer

any1 in here from ohio that can help me out on what i need to do to title it? i dont have a title for the willys cab just a bill of sale

Welcome to RRR!

How much ya gonna chop and channel - you don't exactly look to be a small man? (assuming that's you in the last pic). Get on that title problem right away - don't wanna have 6 months of work into and then have to spend another 6 fighting for a title. Is it still 4x4?

Welcome to RRR. It's always good to see an old Willy's pulled from the weeds to begin a new life. Cool project! Seems like a lot of others think so too. Quite a few on here these days.

T1

thunder is right, there are more of these ol' willy's showin up on the rat-builds........they may actually outnumber the f-1 builds eventually[S....nah:D

i found one once -really wanted to build up a gasser-style hotrod out of it, but never could get it bought, apparently it was made of gold and i didn't know it;)

is some of those pics of your first one?- i noticed it looked to be on a ford f-150 frame......

Welcome to RRR!

How much ya gonna chop and channel - you don't exactly look to be a small man? (assuming that's you in the last pic). Get on that title problem right away - don't wanna have 6 months of work into and then have to spend another 6 fighting for a title. Is it still 4x4?

im about hafe the size of the guy in the pic thats the last owner
im not even sure how to go about fixing the title, since this id the biggest project i have over im going to try for a clean 2wd s10 frame i havent gotten far enought into it to figure out the numbers of how much to chop and what not its sitting outside the barn im going to soda blast the cab in get it in some primer and then work on the measurements

thunder is right, there are more of these ol' willy's showin up on the rat-builds........they may actually outnumber the f-1 builds eventually[S....nah:D

i found one once -really wanted to build up a gasser-style hotrod out of it, but never could get it bought, apparently it was made of gold and i didn't know it;)

is some of those pics of your first one?- i noticed it looked to be on a ford f-150 frame......

yeah thats a nasty 84 F250 frame its about half rotten that the last gut had dreams of making it a tow truck i just want a cruiser that will tow a grill and make all the willys guys mad at me (they have a big meet afew miles down the road)

this is my 1st willys the 49
815018563_m.jpg

815020405_m.jpg

Latest posts

Back