Howdy, Indiana native here!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treehick

Howdy! My name is Forest (like the rain forest, not like Gump), and I'm 25 yrs old. My uncle has been restoring and building hot rods up until he had a stroke, which he's still trying to recover from. Also, a good friend recently got me interested in offroading and diesels, and everything mechanical about 2 yrs ago. (and most of my family is in the construction/outdoors hobbies/jobs, so labor has always been in my blood)

Why share this? I thought I'd share my background - where I'm coming from and where my thoughts/ideas may stem from. I mainly wanted to join this site to get an ideas for a project. I'm near to broke now, so I'm just trying to look for ideas about a project that's rolling around in my head. I'm not one that has enough patience and time to build and maintain a hot rod, yet I still like the style and creativity and muscle that can be seen from rat rods (from my limited knowledge of the subject).

I'm thinking of (LONG TERM) creating a hybrid of something similar to a sedan like this: http://www.hotrodhappenings.com/ShowTell-Brads30FordRatRod-003.JPG and a rock crawler. I can't go too extreme one way or another, but it would be an excellant ride if it could be built...and I believe it'd be a great project to build!

Thank you for the opportunity to learn from you guys and gals!!

Treehick,
Welcome to the gang & sorry to hear about u're Uncle! Post some pictures when u get a chance!

BoB

Welcome to RRR!

A crossbreed rat rod sedan and a rock crawler..... hhmmmm.... not sure I can even see that right off.

Like a a low slung rat 4x4 or a high clearance jalopy?

Oh, if you got pics of your Uncles rods (hope he recovers), feel free to post 'em - we love pics.

First let me say we will keep your uncle in our prayers for his recovery. Hope he is back to turning wrenches real soon.

Now let me also say WELCOME to RRR from NC. And do post some pic's of your uncles ride if possible.

thanks for the welcomes! My uncle actually had the stroke about 5 months ago, and gave us quite a scare about a month or two ago, but he's getting some of his motion back - can walk enough to get through doors and up a couple steps with assistance - but I think his biggest annoyance is he can't speak and/or express clearly what he does/doesn't want.

I'll post the pics and info on the rides in the hot rod foto forum.

As far as this idea i've got - I'll try and post it on builds...even though I'm sure my ideas will change. (as I've mentioned before - I'm about flat broke and probably won't have $$ or time for a couple of years...but it never hurts to think about it or have some sort of game plan - especially since it'll be in phases - I hate having sitting vehicles)

Welcome to RRR!

A crossbreed rat rod sedan and a rock crawler..... hhmmmm.... not sure I can even see that right off.

Like a a low slung rat 4x4 or a high clearance jalopy?

Oh, if you got pics of your Uncles rods (hope he recovers), feel free to post 'em - we love pics.

Welcome to the site! You've thrown us a curve ball with that hybrid rat rod / rock crawler idea. The closest thing that comes to mind is this! :D

T1

Attachments

• pics-max-8793-338473-chevrolet-1930  Rock Rat.jpg
    pics-max-8793-338473-chevrolet-1930 Rock Rat.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 10
welcome to the RRR!- i think that a rock-buggy-rat rod could be done, so you just remember to keep us informed when ya do get to start on one.....:D[P

Latest posts

Back