I cant be the only one........

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turkey baster works mint for draining the master cylinder of old fluid when you want to do a flush...;) Works pretty good for power steering fluid, too, just DON'T mix 'em up or you'll end up with blown seals in the brake system. They don't like petroleum based products.:(

Dollar store is a great cheap place to buy this crap if you don't want the warden whizzed off at you.;)

Regards,
Shea:)

I had to buy a turkey baister last night because I couldnt find ours. I talked to the wife first because Ive been down this road

Haha, I remember those days when my ex wife would open the garage door and say "Don ,did you take my (insert kitchen utensil name here)", and I would be reduced to a little boy and sheepishly say "no, why ?" :eek:

But she had no sense of humor anyway.......like the time all of her nurses white uniforms became purple colored because I was spraying my car in the garage while the dryer was running. How was I supposed to know those things suck in air while they are drying clothes ?????? :eek:

I really never understood why she left me. :confused:

Don

I've even went a little further than kitchen utensils I ventured into the bathroom-a flat iron will work in a pinch for shrinking heat shrink-just clean it off real good when your done-that's where I screwed up. I've also "borrowed" all sorts of nail polish colors-they work great for teeth, finger nails, eyes ect.
And one time I even thought that using a sewing machine couldn't be that hard-boy that got ugly in more ways than one!

Took one of the wifes pots to the garage, set it on an old kerosene heater, boiled water, threw in a box of orange ritz dye, tossed in the clear zip ties............ The zip ties turned a nice shade of orange............... so did her expensive pot.

Currently I have a 4 quart pot in my garage, a dish towel, an embossing gun (used for shrink tubing), three or four plastic cups, several tupperware containers, a huge bowl that was once a macaroni salad bowl (did I mention it was blue but is now black), press and seal, a set of getters (think tongs here, I call them getters cause they can grab and get things), a roll of tin foil, pledge multi surface cleaner (I was asked if anyone had seen it to which I replied....no), baking soda (stolen from her pantry, I really miss the cookies she could have made with it), a few sponges and brush things for cleaning carbs, a salsa bowl that I use to store my various Stromberg parts in, a can of PAM no stick cooking spray which makes a great lubricant for screws when rebuilding fences, and a bunch of stuff I have forgotten.

My wife is awesome in her ignorance!

When I painted the Maverick, I needed something to measure the paint and activator and hardner with. Spotted her measuring cup, thought, perfect! Didn't use hers though, went to the Dollar store and bought half a dozen plastic ones, and a large plastic mixing bowl. The plastic cups worked, but after about three or four fillings of paint and activator they melted!:eek: No problem, just get another one as needed!:D

Latest posts

Back