i found a few pics...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liljgoneman

and since that seemed to be the over-riding sentiment in response to my hello thread, i figured i'd throw em out there.
thoughts? ideas?.... ridicule? :eek:
heres a short rundown on the parts list.
aftermarket chassis (maker unknown)
SBC/ 4 speed (free!)
cutdown early T phaeton body ($200) found outside great falls mt.
"33 plymouth front axle with "59 dodge D100 spindles n brakes adapted. (super easy)
unknown steering box (free!)
steering column started life as a '93 honda piece... (again, free!)
radiator unknown maker and again,.... free!
and finally, though i'm ashamed to admit it, the fuel tank, shocks and shock mounts are catalog pieces.... i got in a hurry as it got close to done, sue me! and a set of $100 roadster headers from a really friendly, non-judgemental fella on the HAMB. yes, that was sarcasm!
as of buying the wiring harness, i'm all in just south of $3200....

Attachments

• front tbucket.jpg
    front tbucket.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 75
  • firewall.jpg
    firewall.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 59
  • firstfit.jpg
    firstfit.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 66
  • fueltank3.jpg
    fueltank3.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 64
  • roadster1.jpg
    roadster1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 65
  • preheaders.jpg
    preheaders.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 64
  • newwheel.jpg
    newwheel.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 68
  • Twheel.jpg
    Twheel.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 57
Wow, looking good![cl[cl Looks like you scored some super deals on parts....so there will probably be no action taken on the catalog purchases:D I like that you're going with the four speed too[cl
Also you've probably already noticed but the view from your house is FREAKIN AWESOME!!!
Welcome to RRR.

Looks good! Yeah, you freebie'd enough stuff that we'll let you slide on buying some .... HEY IS THAT PAINT!!!!!???? :eek:

:D:D:D

Looks good! Yeah, you freebie'd enough stuff that we'll let you slide on buying some .... HEY IS THAT PAINT!!!!!???? :eek:
just on the radiator shell..... had to camoflage the fiberglass ya know. which reminds me, i'm huntin a steel grille shell if anybody has 1 lyin around....

:D:D:D

!!!!!

This is how Rat Rods should be. Get what you can, any "legal" way you can, and do your best with it! I've seen wheels on other so called "rat rods" costing more than my whole car--and I don't panic when the dog pees on them!

how did you adapt the 59 dodge stuff to the 33 axle inquiring minds?:confused::confused::confused:
all it takes is hogging out the kingpin bosses on the axle to the truck size pin which is .875 and if you choose to use the car steering arms, you have to drill them for the truck size hardware as well... thats all there is to it. even the camber stays stock!

Latest posts

Back