I'm a Rambling man...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TiredIronGRB

Traditionalist
Ran across a good deal on a super clean 1960 Rambler, it's been a local car since new and I'm only the third owner. It's got the American Motors 327 V-8 and a Flash-o-matic transmission.

1960_Rambler_01.jpg

1960_Rambler_02.jpg

1960_Rambler_03.jpg

The paint has a good patina, zero rust any where...chrome is flawless.

1960_Rambler_04.jpg

This was the local Rambler dealer about 25 miles from me. That's what's left of a State Farm decal on the bumper.

1960_Rambler_05.jpg

The dash pad is toast but the dash has good paint under it so I'll probably just remove the pad.

1960_Rambler_06.jpg

This is the correct mileage, it drives like a new car (a new car with bias ply tires

1960_Rambler_07.jpg

1960_Rambler_08.jpg

1960_Rambler_09.jpg

1960_Rambler_10.jpg

Last edited:
ever notice how the front end kinda resembles...

a 58 or 59 ford??? Especially the one sort of side shot..... cool old ride.....can't beat the mileage... nice score..... definately different and something you don't see a lot of.....

Good score TI...you must really be the son of my father....he loved all ramblers...had a slew of them...had one like yours too except it had a 6 cylinder....

Another Rambler. Cool.

car look great. As you work on it you will find that rambler have there own way of doing stuff. The rambler guys on this site and other sites help me out a lot.

Awesome

Awesome car!

Just proves that there are still some great cars out there in great shape.

Flash-O-matic was the Borg-Warner equivalent of the Ford-O-Matic. Different, but very similar...last one I built was for a 70s Postal Jeep.

440shorty

I thought I put this up here yesterday...talk about senile. :(
Anyway, another nice example. A longroof version that this lady was quite happy driving.

MtAiryJuly162011004.jpg

Latest posts

Back