im torn and sad

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerchooper

well, since i went to that local old school rad rod yard. i kinda had the liking for 2-1937 chevy trucks cabs. i labeled them as the green one and yellow one because that was the color of them. the green cab was in awsome shape for its age and the yellow cab had some big time tree fallin dents in the roof, but it had doors.

i have also looked at a 1952 or so chevy 3100 at a different place. its a complete truck but the bone yard will not sell me the whole thing for some reason. but they will sell me the whole cab and front clip.

well ive been holding out because we have a swap meet this weekend, just wanted to see what someone else might bring in hopes of finding the ONE for me. momma and i went today to look around and low and behold the old school bone yard guy had a ton of his parts there.

the bad news, my green 37 cab was also there and i seen a guy eye balling it. so i went up to john and started the talking process to see if he would be willing to sell me the green cab and the yellow doors off of the other cab. john replied i might be able to do that. i said if you would i would be all over it. then i started to talk title talk, he told me about a guy on the other side of the fair grounds selling titles, so me and my wife were off on the hunt. we found him and he didnt have any but i was still set on this combo.

well we were heading back and had to stop to get some fried cheese on the stick, got to have that, lol. as i was paying the lady my wife said i think that was your truck on the back of someone elses truck, but i didnt see it. as we were getting closer to johns lay out i seen an empty spot on the trailer. the wife knew it was gone but i had hopes that it was farther back.

well it happened, the dude eye balling took it and ran. i didnt even walk over there because i couldnt.

now im torn and sad because i sat on my feet to long and didnt pull the trigger when i had the chance.

live and learn, again.

You snooze, you lose! Sorry to hear that, next time jump right on it. There will be a next time, don't worry...CR

Still alot of nice cabs out there. Plus that yard has a ton of stuff. You will find one just make sure you jump on it. Both of mine had a line behind me wanting them. First come first served to I got to them as fast as I could.

When something like this happens to us (and it happens to everyone) we just say it wasn't meant to be. We heard about a 71 442 Olds, 455, 12 bolt rear, with 45,000 original miles that a guy was selling last week. My two Sons and I searched for his house, and found it on Sunday. Knocked on his door and he said a guy bought it the day before for $ 2500! :eek: He told us it was mint and the kid drove it home. :(

But it wasn't meant to be. :)

Don

well, since i went to that local old school rad rod yard. i kinda had the liking for 2-1937 chevy trucks cabs. i labeled them as the green one and yellow one because that was the color of them. the green cab was in awsome shape for its age and the yellow cab had some big time tree fallin dents in the roof, but it had doors.

i have also looked at a 1952 or so chevy 3100 at a different place. its a complete truck but the bone yard will not sell me the whole thing for some reason. but they will sell me the whole cab and front clip.

well ive been holding out because we have a swap meet this weekend, just wanted to see what someone else might bring in hopes of finding the ONE for me. momma and i went today to look around and low and behold the old school bone yard guy had a ton of his parts there.

the bad news, my green 37 cab was also there and i seen a guy eye balling it. so i went up to john and started the talking process to see if he would be willing to sell me the green cab and the yellow doors off of the other cab. john replied i might be able to do that. i said if you would i would be all over it. then i started to talk title talk, he told me about a guy on the other side of the fair grounds selling titles, so me and my wife were off on the hunt. we found him and he didnt have any but i was still set on this combo.

well we were heading back and had to stop to get some fried cheese on the stick, got to have that, lol. as i was paying the lady my wife said i think that was your truck on the back of someone elses truck, but i didnt see it. as we were getting closer to johns lay out i seen an empty spot on the trailer. the wife knew it was gone but i had hopes that it was farther back.

well it happened, the dude eye balling took it and ran. i didnt even walk over there because i couldnt.

now im torn and sad because i sat on my feet to long and didnt pull the trigger when i had the chance.

live and learn, again.

you should have at least left a down payment on the deal

it wasnt ment to be, ill stick to that.

because im going on a road trip tomorrow (6hrs) and im coming home with my rat rod. there is always a reason i dont pull the trigger on somethings. well i found out why now.

me and momma are heading out at 4am sunday morning. ill post pictures when i get back around 6pm or so.

i just got home rockabilly.

it was 6hrs 1 way, 3 fuel stops and 2 coffee. load it and back again but with 3 fuel stops, 1 lunch and 2 potty stops. lol

heres what i got. 1933 olds

17359709-580-1933-0LDSMOBILE-2DOOR-.jpg

17359750-904-1933-0LDSMOBILE-2DOOR-.jpg

17209278-767-WANTED-1933-OLDSMOBILE.jpg

17359695-521-1933-0LDSMOBILE-2DOOR-.jpg

i got the rear fenders, grill, both headlights and tail lights, 3 of the 4 window regulators and head light stands. plus 1 1949 mich plate.

got to clean the garage in the morning and get it unloaded from the trailer

well it doesn't look like a 37 chevy truck....[S but i like it!:Dalot!:D

there is def. potential in that car- its totally different than anything i've seen......will make a cool rat......

now get at it[;) and keep us posted....[P

MMmmmmm! Fenders!! :)

Nice rat material.. With ---- Fenders...

PA41

it wasnt ment to be, ill stick to that.

because im going on a road trip tomorrow (6hrs) and im coming home with my rat rod. there is always a reason i dont pull the trigger on somethings. well i found out why now.

me and momma are heading out at 4am sunday morning. ill post pictures when i get back around 6pm or so.

Looks good.

i like the 30's trucks, but i really wanted to do a car. im going to build this one first and learn from it then go after a truck. the trucks seam easy to me because there is less body to deal with. but they look so cool.

it will be fenderless, 396 or 454 motor, chopped, manual tranny, z'd frame.

the rear of the car is quite uneak, but i dont have a direction for it. on the way home i thought about wacking it off and rolling it down and around like the fords and chevys of the day. but then it would like a ford or chevy, lol.

Back