Installing My Dual Carb Intake

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

40Mopar

Started intalling my dual carb intake the other day. It was made by a guy named Moose who may be a member here but I know is on the HAMB. I had to widen out some of the bolt holes but otherwise I'm happy with how it came out.

In the process of installing the manifold I ended up making a block off plate for the old heat riser. I also did a little bit of cleaning and painting on the exhaust manifold.

Next is to figure out how I'm gonna run the linkage, and decide whether I'm gonna get fancy with a fuel block or just T it off and run some additional fuel line. I originally wanted to run the linkage towards the middle of the motor but may have to run it outside the carbs.

Here are some pics.

dualcarbmockup1.jpg

dualcarbmockup2.jpg

dualcarbmockup3.jpg

Very nice indeed. :D Love those Stellings and Hellings type air cleaners. (or is it Hellings and Stellings?????????? never could remember which way it goes :eek:)

Anyway, they top them off perfectly.

Don

What carbs are you running on your very cool looking setup?

They are Carter/Weber Carbs which I picked up brand new from Langdon Stovebolt. I also picked up the adapters and the air cleaners and filters from Langdon.

Anyone running a straight six with a homebuilt manifold? I'd like to get some ideas for the linkage. I'm trying to keep it as clean as possible.....I don't want some Rupe Goldberg (sp) looking setup with the linkage. The beauty of the straight six is the simplicity. I'm hoping to have something near this look when its all said and done. Obviously the intake will be different but this is thethe overall feel I'm going for.

eng-1.jpg

Here are some more pics of the linkage. I think it is about completely mocked up. I had to fab up some brakets to accept the tie rod ends, and all that remains is to shorten the rods that will connect from the linkage arms to the accelerator control linkage on the carbs. I kinda like the way the brackets look right now but I may change them out for something that is a little more refined looking like some cut L brackets, if I can find them in the right length.

Here are the pics. (they're taken with my phone cam so excuse the graininess.)

linkage2.jpg

linkage3.jpg

linkage1.jpg

Is that copper line? I don't know why I thought you shouldn't use it in fuel systems. Am I wrong? If so, the remaining pieces fo the puzzle to get this think running and on the street should go pretty fast.

it`ll be fine , you just have to build in a strain relief , what happens is they get work hardened , then they will crack , not good on a hot engine , I did the loops cause I thought they looked alot better

6's are cool..and multi carbs are even cooler!!

Those are some nice looking induction setups..

I want get an old Fdelbrock 3 2's for my FE engine, the one that uses the small pattern instead of the Holley pattern.

Richard.

Latest posts

Back