it was free!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

militarycckw

i retrieved this abandoned army truck from the woods today,i was a 42 gmc cckw 2 1/2 ton same cab as my current rat rod i hoped it would have some usable body pannels but its really rusty,it does have a good hood still showing the army numbers on it ,also has the rare frame extensions for a winch mount good grill,has a few other parts here and there,20 min ride off road cant complain though the price was right

Attachments

• rusty truck.jpg
    rusty truck.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 133
  • rusty truck2.jpg
    rusty truck2.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 147
  • rusty truck3.jpg
    rusty truck3.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 174
i know where one more is but its a 5 ton 1952 it is a lot deeper into the woods in some steep mountains it would probly take all day with a big dozer to get it out its complete with wheels on it but its been rolled over

By the time I made the trip there, rented the dozer to get it and carted it here, it would not be worth it for me.Hopefully someone on here will go get it and make something cool out of it.[P[;):cool:

i retrieved this abandoned army truck from the woods today,i was a 42 gmc cckw 2 1/2 ton same cab as my current rat rod i hoped it would have some usable body pannels but its really rusty,it does have a good hood still showing the army numbers on it ,also has the rare frame extensions for a winch mount good grill,has a few other parts here and there,20 min ride off road cant complain though the price was right

Well no wonder it was free. You can see the problem in the last photo. The truck is all blurry and out of focus. How in the hell are you going to build something you can't even see clearly? :p

You get what you pay for. [cl

Kind of reminds me...

Well no wonder it was free. You can see the problem in the last photo. The truck is all blurry and out of focus. How in the hell are you going to build something you can't even see clearly? :p

You get what you pay for. [cl

kind of looks like what I see when I'm welding with these darn glasses....lol

As I always say, anything free is worth saving up for!!! Love the battle scars on the drivers door. To think people pay good money for them stickers and you got the real thing for free!!

Latest posts

Back