I've been HAMB banned! LOL

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the novice estrikes again!

sorry guys novice here again...what or who is a HAMB :confused: and why don't they like our classy stylish (very "ish":D) automobiles built with our own...
blood (if you did not bleed on it you did not build it)
sweat (hard work IS fun...honest)
and tears (of joy on the first run)

besides I've always wanted to be in a banned :D:D so ishould be happy is i was you.

The Hamb is a very popular Traditional Hot Rod forum site. As said before it really is a great site full of great tips and ideas. Lots of good people there too. However, they think they only like traditional cars. Cars built exactly like they were back in the day. If you have the wrong tires, or the wrong brakes, or the wrong anything else, you may get slammed by the bunch. From the post I have seen, if one guy comes out and says something bad, then several more pile on. Like a bunch of sheep. Seems to me it is better to be open minded and ready to apply modern ideas to old style hot rods, or better yet, build something out of your head, instead of trying to make an exact copy of what someone did years ago.
The term "Rat Rod" was first used as a slam, by the wax and polish guys, to describe the unfinished but driving cars that tend to stay that way. Or the thrown together, low dollar cars that were made just to drive, and would never get a finish. Then, somehow, the Rat Rod term was also used for the unsafe junk that was poorly built. Some people connect Rat Rod with any one of the above. The Hamb seems to connect it mostly to the last one.
I don't hold it against them. Because the ones that attack are really the ones who refuse to see anything but what they want to see. Followers, who can't think for themselves.
There are so many people on the Hamb that you can't generalize and say they are a bunch of closed minded turds. In fact there are many people just like us there, who love motorized anything, and take in as much as they can about hotrods!

Thanks Bonehead

Thanks Bonehead - to ask is to learn...

I will put google to work and check them out for interest sake.

I've read your no well - but on the mend - so a speedy recovery my new friend.

hey hey hey im a member on the HAMB and i must tell you its not traditional to bash the HAMB. no wonder why you have been banned. just kidding. there is a wealth of tech info there its a great site but you always have some idiot telling you that something you are doing is "not traditional" even though i can almost garuantee they are not even old enough to have an actual clue other than reading magazines and surfing the web. then of coarse you get the other dorks that have to jump in and tall you the same crap as the first idiot just to try to be cool. news flash! we are not stuck in 1948 building cars only with what is available in 1948.

Tradition!!!

news flash! we are not stuck in 1948 building cars only with what is available in 1948.

I hear that!!! A member here said he went to a function & saw one of the big traditionalist's @ the gig... the dude drove up in a flamed PT Cruiser!!! Now THAT'S funny... so much for tradition!!! ; - >

BoB

Thats right, I've been HAMB banned! I simply introduced myself and explained my love for unfinished, rusty RAT rods and I have been banned forever. LOL They really hate that word over there!:D

thats funny stuff indeed. I love the hamb, but I guess thats why there are different forums. I like this place too, a variety of mindsets and ideas.

I have seen a change in the HAMB in the last few weeks (for the worse).
I dont know what the fuss is, You ask a simple ? and they jump your ****. Its getting bad. Lots of good info there and here.

my middle name is "Maytag" I've been known to aggitate over there. I've been on the HAMB since the beginning. Know the guy that owns the site. Good fella. It does get out of hand. Thats when I do my best work over there. As been said there is not a question been asked that you can't get the correct answer. Ryan[owner] gets tired of the drama also. TMP

well, I did find this site from looking at the hamb. not to knock anyone or anything, but I got a much nicer welcome and feel a little more in step here than there. but good info both places.

I started on the HAMB about a year ago. I have some good friends on it. But; I never got a straight answer about any thing that didn't have a smarta$$ remark from somebody. That's why I don't go there anymore except to say HI to my friends.

Im not known to bash anyone But... I have been a member over there for about 2 years,I have asked a few questions from time to time and was totally ignored lol.guess i'm not in the (click) I came here an was very surprised how friendly everyone is here..Thanks RRR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back