I've been HAMB banned! LOL

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats funny stuff indeed. I love the hamb, but I guess thats why there are different forums. I like this place too, a variety of mindsets and ideas.

Me too, I still go there almost every day because I know a lot of the guys and when I started my RPU lots of them helped. I never get tired of the stuff the Dirtys do and both Danny and Rusty are good friends along with many others.
I gave a Wankel to one of the mods a couple years ago and in person he was just a good dude, not near as rough as he seems to be on the board.
I'm not sure why the knee jerk reaction to the term RatRod over there but it may have something to do with a percieved stigma that comes from so many of them being haphazardly throwed together just for some extreme appearance and not being even remotely roadworthy. Now the guys at HotRods.com really hate the look and if a picture of a car with no front brakes shows up they all go off like a flock of geese with a coyote amonst them.
I would like to see a link to the actual thread and responses that got you kicked out for mentioning the word ratrod in your intro.

I guess you would use a RAT VAC to clean the Magic Carpet?

You guys are also correct about the other site. Seems like the last couple of months it has turned into a High School Drama

LOL Moto!:D

000-1.jpg

now if it had some red wheels on it that thing would really rock

keith

Last edited:
:eek::eek::eek: Something is amiss at the HAMB. I made a post with just the word rat, not ratrod and Ryan axed it and sent me a pm. He must be taking some heat or something. But with several pages of new memebers every day, things might be gettin out of hand a little and he is trying to steer the boat back into the waters he wants it to sail in. I saw an upheaval a few years ago and many of the early members left and started a nice little invite only board with just 2-300 members. Funny though that most of them did drift back, some using different names and some not.

So much for your newly coined "ratschool" phrase on the hamb anyway Willowbilly. :D

I really don't have a problem with the admin of any board keeping it steered in the direction of the spirit of that particular board. The hamb clearly states that it a traditional hot rod board. I can respect that. What I do have a problem with is members flaming someone who may just not have known better or for no reason at all. And I think that some of the confusion there is that the lines are fuzzy. I notice that some people are way to cool to say rat rod and are HIGHLY offended if their car is called a rat rod by some poor unsuspecting slob. But have you seen some of the cars that are being passed off as traditional as of late? They are nothing more than overly lowered (by trad standards) rusty rats.

yeah i think there are a ton of ratrods there. its just a term, some people get insulted but to me a piece of s%$# does not become a rat rod by screwing street signs to the floor and painting it with black wal mart primer and painting the tires white and the rims red. its still a piece of poo. the PT cruiser thing is funny some guys bash the hell out of them. i think most of the trouble makers are young guys that really dont have much of a clue. you can tell the difference in guy that have been around the hobby for years. i liek when a guy asks which welder and he gets "buy a lincoln because its better than any of the others". i am a welder and i can totally disagree. each brand has its own products that shine in different areas. if one was better than the rest they would all go out of business, but that is the mentality of some of the dorks there. oh and yes i still go there everyday. anyone know anything about this ruffrodders site? i wanted to contact a member there but of coarse you cant if you are not a member, and you cant just become a member.

1931s/x, I vist the ruffrodders site too but have not been able to join because I don't know anyone to e-mail the guy to join and he doesn't have his e-mail available for the public. There are some good builds over there. Let me know if you get it. I would like to join as well

I'm a HAMB member as well. If you just went over there to have a little fun with them, alot of them just aren't the fun type. In fact some people consider that as being a troll, when you just show up to create controversy. They take their cars seriously, they are into "traditional" rods, but I'd say that most of the guys with the serious attitude problems are young punks without anything close to a finished traditional hotrod. That's been my experience anyway, though I haven't ever been involved in much controversy. There are some really talented people there, and some fantastic examples of cars. I think it's the very best place for hotrod tech on the internet, but for the love of God, use the search function first, especially if it's a fairly common question.

Last edited:
1931s/x, I vist the ruffrodders site too but have not been able to join because I don't know anyone to e-mail the guy to join and he doesn't have his e-mail available for the public. There are some good builds over there. Let me know if you get it. I would like to join as well

I was / am a member of Ruffrodders, first board I joined.
Then earlier this year I updated my email address because Comcast became Road Runner here.
I haven't been able to post since, haven't been able to contact anyone on the board about it, even used another members log in that was on this board, to contact someone....
No luck and I have wasted enough of my time trying.... Good luck. '22

I dunno

I been posting over on the HAMB and have always been well received. The guys I have talked to were cool and treated me with respect. The moderators on ANY site can get over zealous. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.
Rod

I belong to HAMB too. I use the dreaded RATROD too and have never has a problem. I guess if I describe my car that way its ok. They are a wealth of info. Classifieds are very worthwhile.

kinda new guy here, i surf the hamb and am part of it. the tech is the main reason i'm there as it usually is interesting. there seems to be lots of "thin skinned" people that have minimum people skills and for the most part will never change just hopefully go away. the reason i found the site was someone crying about this site and at this point i need to pm them and let them know "there is a chance i will come across the same bulls&$^t here but haven't yet but will update my findings as time passes!" :D i hope to stay for awhile.:D:D happy holidays.

I love the HAMB, growing up as a muscle car guy, I have a lot to learn about hotrods, and the wealth of information there is second to none. As said by Abomb do a search first, chances are what you need to know has been covered several times.
As far as the ratrod thing over there, they are traditional to the core, and safety is also a prime concern. We have all seen thing's thrown together with no reguard for safety, then the ratrod name thrown on it tossed on E-bay for some stupid price, an unsuspecting wannabe buy's the piece and is driving it right now through a school zone. Some of you know of a build thread started on another board the builder did something considered by most to be unsafe, he did not respond to the concerns and kept on going. this thing will be on the road someday and it will be dangerous. These are the people who have shown up over at the HAMB and ruffled the feathers of many and made it tough for the others. Just my thought's.

never heard of this site called ruffrodders what is it about?:confused:

ruffrodders.com, it looks like a cool site. From what i've read it's not family friendly but they also seem like really good guys with no flaming. You can't register right now for some reason though so I just lurk every now and then to see what they are building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back