I've been HAMB banned! LOL

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i got in touch with a guy from ruffrodders. he told me that right now they cant handle any mroe members. the server is at its limit or something and maybe in a few months they will be able to afford to step things up and allow mor emembers. i think in reality you just need to know the secret knock or handshake to get into the club.

it does look like a tight knit group. which is cool. as long as they don't ban me from lurking and watching their project progress for ideas. :p

These forums should be for the benefit of everyone to gain knowledge, keep in touch with all aspects of the car hobby as well as friendships gained. I belong to several for those reasons, I think it's a little self centered for these forums to ban someone unless it's due to bad language or abuse of a fellow poster.

Update: I may no longer be HAMB banned. I'm not sure what the deal is, but now when I go there, I don't get the "User has been banned" message. This could be some type of oversight on their part I guess, in which case I am totally busting myself and am soon to be re-banned. At least for now I can go back and look around. :)

Temp ban!

Update: I may no longer be HAMB banned. I'm not sure what the deal is, but now when I go there, I don't get the "User has been banned" message. This could be some type of oversight on their part I guess, in which case I am totally busting myself and am soon to be re-banned. At least for now I can go back and look around. :)

Ron,
Actually the mod has several banning options. One is a permanent... then there are time limit bans to cool a situation off... then it's lifted. Temp bans are from 1 day to 2 years!

Rat Rod Mod

Wow. Thats great. I didn't know. Thanks Mod. Well. now I know what not to say over there at least.:)

i got in touch with a guy from ruffrodders. he told me that right now they cant handle any mroe members. the server is at its limit or something and maybe in a few months they will be able to afford to step things up and allow mor emembers. i think in reality you just need to know the secret knock or handshake to get into the club.

Actually, they are maxed out. I have been a member there over 3 years, I think.
First forum I ever joined. After posting earlier this year, I decided to update my email address because Comcast decided to become Roadrunner.
I haven't been able to do anything other than watch since, even though the site reconizes me as a member.
And they can't get the problem straightened out, but new server software they are getting should get things back to normal in a month or so.
It's one of those "you can look, but can't touch" situations.
Frustrating as can be, sometimes.
They told me to hang in there and thanked me for not getting P.O.'d about it.
So.... Patience my friends ;) '22

hey hey hey im a member on the HAMB and i must tell you its not traditional to bash the HAMB. no wonder why you have been banned. just kidding. there is a wealth of tech info there its a great site but you always have some idiot telling you that something you are doing is "not traditional" even though i can almost garuantee they are not even old enough to have an actual clue other than reading magazines and surfing the web. then of coarse you get the other dorks that have to jump in and tall you the same crap as the first idiot just to try to be cool. news flash! we are not stuck in 1948 building cars only with what is available in 1948.

You are so right. I do spend a fair amount of time on HAMB and there is a lot of good stuff there. There seems, however, to be quite a few self appointed "authorities" that judge the correctness of your build. At times it's like hanging around with a bunch of antiquers.I like all the hotrods, or streetrods (if they're well constructed). Since this hobby started, it has been about improving the looks and performance of your car. Where does some pinhead get off telling me that my disc brakes or halogen headlights don't belong on a "traditional" car? Would he prefer that I was following him at speed with early Ford mechanical brakes? I like having 12V lights, electric wipers, good brakes a reliable power train (that if, I should have trouble with on the road, I can get parts NOW!).Yes, I have ANOTHER one of those SBC engines. But that SBC delivers 355 HP and 400+ ft lbs of torque @ over 20 mpg on the road. And it will do it for hours on end and not overheat. 'nuff said!

You are so right. I do spend a fair amount of time on HAMB and there is a lot of good stuff there. There seems, however, to be quite a few self appointed "authorities" that judge the correctness of your build. At times it's like hanging around with a bunch of antiquers.I like all the hotrods, or streetrods (if they're well constructed). Since this hobby started, it has been about improving the looks and performance of your car. Where does some pinhead get off telling me that my disc brakes or halogen headlights don't belong on a "traditional" car? Would he prefer that I was following him at speed with early Ford mechanical brakes? I like having 12V lights, electric wipers, good brakes a reliable power train (that if, I should have trouble with on the road, I can get parts NOW!).Yes, I have ANOTHER one of those SBC engines. But that SBC delivers 355 HP and 400+ ft lbs of torque @ over 20 mpg on the road. And it will do it for hours on end and not overheat. 'nuff said!

I noticed that the worst, most offensive, obnoxious, rude, critics are between 16 and 21 years of age. It bothers me that a kid that hasn't been alive as long as most people have been building hot rods is cursing and insulting the owners of many of the cars that get posted.

I noticed that the worst, most offensive, obnoxious, rude, critics are between 16 and 21 years of age. It bothers me that a kid that hasn't been alive as long as most people have been building hot rods is cursing and insulting the owners of many of the cars that get posted.

i never looked into the ages but thats the vibe i get. im going to be 28 but i can tel lthe difference in the little snot nose punks.

My take on the HAMB is kinda like what the L.A. Roadsters are all about they have strict rules on how you build your car and if they are not followed you are not a member thats it.

HAMB Banned= Badge of honor...LOL

You are talking about the guys that use a SBC/Automatic in their "Traditional" rods?

To Me a traditional "ROD" is the old family sedan that has outlived it's usefullness and been replaced by a newer, nicer car.

The body has been unbolted and rolled off in the back yard. A piece of wood bolted on and an old single seat attached.

The natural progression is: cut the exhaust off short, put on a smaller fuel tank, wider tires, (then after being upside-down twice) weld on a "Hoop" to protect the driver.

OK-shorten the frame, lower the suspension, alter the springs.............Painting is always last for some reason...LOL

NOTE: Metal has always been replaced by something lighter (in a HotRod), NOT the other way around......."My car is ALL steel!" Hahahahaha, what a bunch of crap.

Whatever you have-Enjoy it. MIZ

hey now, lay off some of us youngins.....:D

I learned a long time ago that there are mature young people and immature young people, from what I have seen from all of the younger folks on here they are from the first group. Evidently your families did a good job on raising each of you because you have learned how to think and conduct yourselves well.

I just saw a rant on another forum where a guy who is 26 (I looked up his profile) was mad because he saw the forum as becoming more civilized, in language and flaming. Duh, ok, so what is wrong with that. He went off the deep end and dropped the F bomb like 10 times to make his point. I'm sure his parents are very proud. :rolleyes:

This forum is proof positive that people from all walks of life and age groups can come together and have decent, informative conversations without the need to beat up on others or use inappropriate language. Funny how we keep growing, must be a lot of people out there who are tired of seeing it done the other way. :D

Don

after reading this post ,the post about vw frontends and what they said to blue about his roadrunner,the HAMB can kiss my lilly white ass,they seem like a bunch of asswipes,granted they have some great info over there but so does RRR and we're a fairly young board, done ranting

I noticed that the worst, most offensive, obnoxious, rude, critics are between 16 and 21 years of age.

...with fewer than 1000 posts.

The less time they've been there,and the less
practical experience they have,the smarter they are.:rolleyes:

hamb

I have been a member of the HAMB for a while. Other than checking out the classifieds I don't go on much. If you do ask a question you get one good answer, ten stupid remarks,and four post pirates talking to their friends. I like some of the other forums I am on. I am new here and like the technical info If my car isn't traditional enough I don't care. i build lots of things and I bet if I put pics of 60's style rifle I built on there I bet I would get booted even if it was period correct.

I'm a HAMB member but I am rethinking that one. A guy posted his rat rod and after flaming him and generally busting his a.. Ryan closes the thread and tells him that maybe the HAMB is not the place for him. I was sorry to see that. He didn't have any problem cashing my check for the tag I put on my RATROD!!!

$#*&$&% RATROD's

He didn't have any problem cashing my check for the tag I put on my RATROD!!!

RATROD!!! U know we don't allow RATRODS here!!! Er... whoops... maybe that was magic carpets... sorry!!! ; - >

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back