Jesse vs the Teutels

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Did anyone watch the biker buildoff between Jesse, Paul Sr and Paul Jr last night? What the heck was that snowmobile Paul Sr's team built? :eek: I thought it was a bike build off. What probably happened was that Paul Sr felt they didn't have a chance to build a better bike than the other two and to save embarrassment he just built something way out of the box so that he could say they at least tried something different.

As for Jesse................................ah, what a pompus *** he is. I know some people like him but he thinks he is Gods's gift to fabrication. I also thought it was a cheap shot when he said they should build a bike with the "Miss Congeniality" theme, as a reference to his former wife Sandy. The man might know metalworking but he is just too arrogant for my tastes.

And yes, I know it is TV and all that, but from watching him on Monster Garage and the other shows he just doesn't come across as a nice guy to me in any respect. But that is just my opinion.

Don

I thought the only part of the show worth having the volume up for was when they were talking to JJ.
He's mellowed a lot,still a bit of a knob but his fabricating skills can't be denied and he was one of the only people who could string a few words together that made any sense.
His bike can and probably will get riden a long way one day whereas the other 'Theme' bikes are for show only.Sr I think has dementia or realised that the popular vote would place him last anyway.
They really need to keep Vinnie and Cody off camera or get someone to write their scripts(in big letters and few syllables).
Who doesn't at one time or another take a shot at their ex?just with him he always waits till he's being recorded.

I didn't waste my time... instead I got drunk off my eBay settlement while watching the Jaguars get the tar best outta them on the Hank Jr-less MNF. I'm totally sick of all three of the parties involved because all they are tryin' to do now is make bank! None of them have the sense God gave a screwdriver!!! [S

BoB

Haha, if you got drunk on your 41 cent Ebay money, you drink cheaper stuff than even me ! :D Wish I could meet some women like that. :cool:

Don

I watched it, as I've said before I'll watch just about anything to do with bikes or cars!
JJ is a jerk, the bike he built is just like every other bike he's built. Oh I take that back this one was red, not black, green, or copper! COOKIE CUTTER!!
It struck me odd that it looked kind of like OCC production bikes!!
I don't know what OCC built, but I would sure hate to try and ride for more than a mile! Rediculous!

Didn't care for the Jr. bike either, but would have to say it was the better of the three! I like Vinny and Cody they're the most (NORMAL) of any of them on there!!IMO

All in all it was a pretty lame show!!! But if they have another I'm sure I'll watch it!!

PS: don't see where you think Jerky James has mellowed, still just as big an ass as he always was!!

Yeah, I saw it. Like I said in another thread, "Out of sheer, morbid curiousity".

I think Sr. built a space rover so he can send a crew on a mission to find his sanity. What he should do, is launch that kid Jason and his computer into orbit. (On fire, of course). If Sr. wants to demonstrate what his company can do, let Rick and the machinist Jim(?) loose on a freakin' MOTORCYCLE.

I like JJ for his fab skills. Anybody who seeks the master and learns his craft is OK by me. That being said, he has the personality of a post. He should keep his "look at me" BS to himself, and let his work do the talking.

I guess I'll tune in again tonight. Apparently, I need something to pick apart and rant about. :D

I watched it. Have been intrigued & bothered by the relationship of Sr. vs Jr. and Mikey. Sure it is probably enhanced for the show, but still it is a reflection of a distrubing father/son relationship. That in my opinion is a tragedy.
Jr. has become more mature and seems to be the only one of the three that has a chance at normalcy.
JJ went on about his bike being ridable and in the riding scene his legs were scrunched up to his hips and he could hardly reach the handlebars. His view was of the back of the headlight unless he leaned way to the side.
Sr. simplly didn't enter the competition opting instead to build an oversize Robot Wars machine. Stupid.
I like Jr.'s steampunk vintage airplane styled show bike. Fun to look at and better integrated than many of the theme bikes. His shop seems to be getting along like they are friends as well as coworkers.
If this was formatted like the original biker buildoffs they might all fail as none appear to be rideable for more than a short distance. I guess with enough pain killers JJ's can be ridden.
Jesse's behavior was entertaining for a while in his ealry exposure on TV as he portrayed the outllaw type that many of us wish we could be at least for brief periods. Over time I've come to believe what you see is all there is to the man, just a foul arrogant person doomed to failure regardless of how many successes there are along the way.

I would have to agree with the consensus that JJ is an a**. The one thing that I like about him and Dr. C. brought this up is that he has always sought out to enhance his knowledge in his craft. Plus his shop is full of antique metal working equipment and that's just plan cool as heck. :D

The thing between Jr. and Sr. is just boring to me. I question their morals and sense for letting that become what the show is about anymore and airing that dirty laundry to millions of people...no matter how much money they make. Plus I have a huge lack of respect for them because where I come from when you have a beef with someone in your family you work it out over a couple of beers. :rolleyes: Family is the most important thing to us all...no matter what.

-Troy

Family is the most important thing to us all...no matter what.

-Troy

Amen. I never understood why those two couldn't work it out. Jeez, they're both friggen rich. Someone be the bigger man, give a little and get it done, then concentrate on getting the family back together.

To fight about who gets the stupid black widow bike that hasn't even been started in 2 years.....what a waste.

Money & blood don't mix I guess.

Scripted from day one.Too much at stake to just follow around with a camera and hope for something to happen.The producers will stage a family fist fight if it will increase the ratings.

BINGO. Don't you people get it? It's television - It's ALL fake. They needed some controversy to keep half-wits watching and they got it. The OCC guys are laughing all the way to the bank and the saps watching and buying into it are paying for the ride. Dumb...

I don't watch much TV at all, but I do watch American Choppers when it's on. While I admire Jesse's fabrication talent, I think he's a douche. Even if he's playing it up for TV ratings, the dig on Sandra Bullock wasn't cool. Not cool at all.

I don't even think you can put Jesse's bike and Paul Jr's bike in the same catagory. Jesse's bike is built to be ridden, while I see Paul Jr's as art on wheels.

the dig on Sandra Bullock wasn't cool. Not cool at all.

What is she your sister or something? It's all hollywood BS, no matter how it's played out. Don't believe the hype, whether it's about big jerkface mean guy or goody-two-shoes belle of the ball - They're all probably A-holes!

What is she your sister or something? It's all hollywood BS, no matter how it's played out. Don't believe the hype, whether it's about big jerkface mean guy or goody-two-shoes belle of the ball - They're all probably A-holes!

In a former career I was blessed with the opportunity to hang out with celebrities from time to time. Some really are a-holes, but you'd be surprised by how many are just normal people like you and me.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure lots are normal and lots are great folks. I didn't mean to come off rude, but I just get tired of people talking about that chick like she's the be-all-end-all or something. She might be, but if you don't know personally then you have no grounds to judge anyone - be it good or bad. There's an old saying that often rings true - no matter how nice or how pretty she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her BS! :D

The producer of American Chopper came right out and said that the original show was dead........gone. What revived it was the rivalry and infighting between the Dad and his Sons.

Sure, there is a certain amount of "Hollywood" involved, but the rift between him and his two Sons is real. You can't script or act the kind of pain you see on Paul Jr.s or Mikeys faces at times. I can't say they are 100% in the right, Paul Sr had some points. Jr came and went as if he had the golden key to the crapper. Mikey contributed nothing except comic relief. So maybe it was not a healthy environment for the 3 to work in the same shop.

But as a Father who cherishes the relationship I have with my own two Sons, NOTHING in the world would keep me from speaking to them for even a day, let alone two years. Paul Sr has to be the bigger man, get down on his knees, and ask them how they can start to fix things. Some day he will be laying on his final bed and wonder why none of them are sitting by his side. No amount of money in the world is worth losing the love and contact with family.

The outright hostile environment those three worked under for so many years must have been horrible, not only for them, but for the other employees there. In my lifetime I have worked in similar situations and it wasn't worth a paycheck to go in another day. It looks like Paul Jr is trying to run a shop void of all of that unpleasantness, and it looks like Mikey might be overcoming some of the demons that haunt him and is finding some success in his painting.

Yes, it is tv, but there is some reality there too. I bet a lot of people have felt like me. Sometimes I would love to sit Paul Sr down and say "We need to talk."

Don

BINGO. Don't you people get it? It's television - It's ALL fake. They needed some controversy to keep half-wits watching and they got it. The OCC guys are laughing all the way to the bank and the saps watching and buying into it are paying for the ride. Dumb...

You probably think Jerry Springer and WWF were staged too! :mad:

Every time somebody says anything....

both of Jr and Sr. blow them off....I think you're right about it being real...you cannot script that look they get when they are quized about it....Can't imagine anything worse than not having a relationship with my boys....nothing is worth not having your family....nothing....

I recorded the show and watched it last night when I got home....that "thing" that OCC built is an ATV....not a bike, I think Jr's was different but ultimately, the old school style that JJ built is just plain cool... but it's not really about the bikes... it's who the public likes....having a 60/40 split betwen JJ and Jr without ever seeing a bike is nutz....has nothing to do with the bikes...
I dislike JJ's for his ego and obnoxious attitude....but the bike was killer..anyway...show is dying and the gimmicks are in place to try to keep it going.....it will soon be a memory and only on re-runs....

Latest posts

Back