Just saw Rat Rod Magazine on news stand! Lame!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toad

I was at the bookstore and saw Rat Rod Magazine there for the first time and I thought is was really lame. Nice big pictures but very short of anything else but rat rod pictures are everywhere. I can't believe they've gotten this far with that lame content. I opted for a much better mag. Rebel Rodz has real articles, very good show coverage and professional layout etc! Just my opinion!

Toad

Good on the crew over there for putting it together and getting it out there. But I do have to agree, I bought the first three copies and hoped it would get a little more meat and potatoes... after the third issue I figured it wasnt going to change a whole lot more. Also the cost to get it this side of the border was pretty high for what it is. Speaking of which if anyone is looking for the first few copies (I had heard they are hard to come by) let me know.

RRM just seems a little fluffy booklet designed to coat-tail off the rat rod craze and it's obvious they are not real magazine savvy or very good writers. Give me Street Rodder any day! That's the one car book I think is usually worth my hard earned money!

Zipper

Some of the crew are members here. I did buy an issue or two because a good friend had 2 of his cars in there, a shoot I helped put together when they were openly asking for some cars to cover (right from this forum). At the time I thought the price with postage was prohibitive and didn't buy any more.
I was just thumbing through one of the many now being published. I think it was something Kulture. A darn nice layout with a wide variety of cool rides, including a 32 roadster and a 34 3 window, both 50s survivors by the looks.

good pics???

I enjoyed the pics in th mag, but as far as the "meat and potatoes", it definitely could use some writing and perhaps a tech section. Next to the vehicles, I truly enjoy all of the "Betties". I am going to give it some time to grow and evolve. It could be a nice change from the other mass produced rags (of which I subcribe to many). And as long as they don't cover the SR Road Tour, I will enjoy.

I'll say this up top: I hope the magazine stays around and does well.

Yeah. An eye candy rag I guess. Definitely some cool pics. Not much on the meat and taters, but I don't think that's really who it's geared toward. I see it more of an accessory for the 'buy-in' crowd's rat rods. (No, I'm not bashing that crowd or the mag for catering to them - and that is only my opinion)

The RRM guys kinda ditched RRR after a discussion about Rat Rod Nation. It didn't get much positive reaction here.

They are local Minnesotans and are quite astounded by their success. They built a rat rod, which doesn't appeal to me, but they did drive it extensively. Even took a multi state trip to several shows with it. A new, better rod is under construction for 2012. They also have lots of RRM merchandise.

I believe they are doing very well.

Personally, I think the mag tries to be too "arty"; too much of a picture book for me. I buy it at the news stand when I can find it, mainly to show support. Very hard to establish a new mag in the computer age.

I enjoy the mag and anything that has rat rodz in it on it or around it, I do agree it would be nice to have some tech talk in it but will check it out anytime it comes out.

What a shame...Rat Rodding is now mainstream.........Now, maybe we can get back to regular old hot rodding and not worry about the image

Yes, rat rods are now mainstream and I look forward to building a new traditional one!

iSore

Latest posts

Back