latest pics of my roadster

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

27T

IMG_0365-1.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

RRR Material

Looks like a little of this a little of that and your on the road. Should be fun ride when completed. Oh yea you better move it out of the handicap zone. You could get a tow you don't want.

Very nice!!!

Wow... that is really lookin' sweet! Love the straw wheels too, what r they off of? Great job... please keep us posted!!!

BoB

Wow... that is really lookin' sweet! Love the straw wheels too, what r they off of? Great job... please keep us posted!!!

BoB

kool ride!:D if i was guessing i'd say those wheels were old ford wide five (like39ish) w/caps but hey thats just a guess--anyway looks like it would be a "hoot" to ride in:p

I like it alo!! I love the wheels too. About the only thing I would change is the grill height, I'd try and get it even with the top of the cowl, but that's just me.
What intake is that? I like it, how does it run out?

What wheels are that? They look awsome! Some info on them please...;)

I like it too. :D I agree that the radiator shell needs a little trim. Trouble is, to get the one on my '27 roadster proportional I had to take 8 1/2 inches out. :eek: It made for a radiator that was on the edge of not being able to keep the 302 Ford cool. Walker wouldn't even build me a radiator so I had to go to a custom made one from the BrassWorks. It was ok, but I still sweated sitting at traffic lights for extended periods.

Nice little project you've got going on there though.

Don

Attachments

• my27002.jpg
    my27002.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 26
  • my 27 more pix (1).jpg
    my 27 more pix (1).jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 25
Sorry for the late reply, I forgot my password and had to get a new user name.
the trans, wheels, brakes, and rear axle are all 39 Ford. I know the grille sucks, I am looking for a 32 car shell to shorten to match the cowl height.

No, your shell doesn't suck, it just needs a few inches taken out of the middle. I actually like it better in some ways than the overdone 32 shell. I also like the true old timey way you are building your T, that flat motor looks right out of the little pages.

Don

No, your shell doesn't suck, it just needs a few inches taken out of the middle. I actually like it better in some ways than the overdone 32 shell. I also like the true old timey way you are building your T, that flat motor looks right out of the little pages.

Don
I've considered a 28-29 shell too, your right everything has a 32 shell. It's a real challenge keeping it "old timey", I'm trying to keep all the parts 46 and older(except the obvious parts that have to be new).

Very nice! Is that a '32 truck shell? That very combination has been rattling around in my head for a few years now, I have most of the bits gathered up. One difference will be '35 wires, though. I have '48 brakes....and my '32 rad and shell disappeared, somebody sold it for the copper! Damn recyclers!!!

You might look for a shell that has already been whittled on, much cheaper usually and you won't be hacking up a good ols original part. I also agree the duece shell is over used, I like the commercial shell. A 33-34 commercial with a little off the bottom maybe. Now being a Ford guy this is a little bit of a surprise but I am really likeing some of the Chevy grills. I am running one, I thing 34 or 35 with 4 inches sectioned out. Prices on these has gone crazy since I got mine tho.

Latest posts

Back