Lever Shocks, anyone looking to sell a pair?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtyrat

Got Fins?
Does anyone have a set of lever action shocks?

I'm looking for some similar to whats on the rear of the 39-46 Chevy Trucks, unless someone has an idea of something similar that is a compact unit with longer actuation arms.

What brand are these? delco?

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJ,!nYF!LFQJVnIBQIT)erw(Q~~60_3.JPG
    $(KGrHqJ,!nYF!LFQJVnIBQIT)erw(Q~~60_3.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 49
  • $(KGrHqV,!rEF!YbPm5hJBQIT)c3oYg~~60_3.JPG
    $(KGrHqV,!rEF!YbPm5hJBQIT)c3oYg~~60_3.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 31
I think they are delco, and I can;t find anything with longer arms that those, so I'll look for a set of those eventually I guess...

A friend of mine sells old Chevy truck parts. Rear shocks are $50/pair plus about $20 shipping.

If you decide to go that route I'll send you his email address.

You are aware they are single action shocks and don't control spring action as well as double action shocks, right? I put them on the back of my Reo project.

A friend of mine sells old Chevy truck parts. Rear shocks are $50/pair plus about $20 shipping.

If you decide to go that route I'll send you his email address.

You are aware they are single action shocks and don't control spring action as well as double action shocks, right? I put them on the back of my Reo project.

I'm open for advice, I know next to nothing about them, I thought they acted in both directions, and that some had spring loaded valves that made the path of fluid flow change depending on the speed of arm travel...

Do you guys think that it would be enough to dampen the setup I am running up front? [S

A guy I work with restores old Triumph sports cars, he recommends this place: http://www.applehydraulics.com/shocks.htm

He says if you have very good shocks (internally), you can rebuild them on your bench, if they are worn, they'll need some machining. It's very hard to tell the difference. Also keep in mind that anything from before 1950 isn't going to be a very good shock. Double action are definitely better than single action. The British versions were used into the '70s and they can be setup for the track (whatever that means).

A guy I work with restores old Triumph sports cars, he recommends this place: http://www.applehydraulics.com/shocks.htm

He says if you have very good shocks (internally), you can rebuild them on your bench, if they are worn, they'll need some machining. It's very hard to tell the difference. Also keep in mind that anything from before 1950 isn't going to be a very good shock. Double action are definitely better than single action. The British versions were used into the '70s and they can be setup for the track (whatever that means).

Yes I have found that site, which is a great resource for rebuilding.
Do you think the triumph setups would be enough dampening for a V8 rat?
Did they have dual action lever shocks or are you referring to a tube shock?

I'll ask him tomorrow. I don't know anything about this type of shock. Triumph put inline sixes in some of their cars which can be pretty heavy. My 235 is only 30lbs lighter than a big block...

DR, my friend at work thinks the Triumph TR6 shock would be a good choice. The lever action is only used on the rear of this model. Based on what he tells me, it's a dual action that has valves that can be changed to soften or stiffen it. The TR6 wieghs about 2500 lbs and has a weight distribution close to 50/50. He also says if you use a rebuilder, that Apple is the best, that they stand behind their work.

Thanks for the information, I really appreciate the feedback!

I'll start looking for some TR-6 ones, I was just hoping the older ones with the longer arms would be good because of the distance I was mounting them, but I have some ideas around that once my radiator framing is done, and the grille shell is on...

shocks

Does anyone have a set of lever action shocks?

I'm looking for some similar to whats on the rear of the 39-46 Chevy Trucks, unless someone has an idea of something similar that is a compact unit with longer actuation arms.

What brand are these? delco?

am going to have a pair off a 39 0lds

Latest posts

Back