Life support

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the reverend muddy grimes

Brother Binder
Just got a call from my mother. My father has been put on life support. He had a mild heart attack while I was driving to Detroit over the weekend. Heart is ok, but 55 years of smoking has destroyed his lungs. Hes on a resperator and I am in full freak out mode. Id like him to be around to meet the twins, one of them we have already named after him regardless the gender. (Andy, or Andi)Im a tad freaked out here, so bear with me, please.

rev i pray for a speedy recovery for your dad, and a sense of calm for your family during this time. let us know if we can do anything.

If his heart is strong it sounds like they have him hooked up primarily as a cautionary/preventative measure. They want the body to get as much oxygen as possible. Life Support does not in all cases mean the machines are doing your living for you, it just means they are helping the body until it gets strong enough to do it on it's own.

You are understandably scared and worried, and just know that your Dad will be in our prayers. Please keep us posted on how he is doing.We care.

Don

When dad woke up, the first thing he did was swear off smoking (to the point of making my mother and brother quit too) and the second thing was ask for a preacher to come talk to him. He's been luke warm on Christianity his whole life. Not now.

That is all such great news. Having a near death experience can really make you sit up and take notice. If this has the secondary effect of getting your other family members to rethink their own smoking that will be an added benefit.

Tell your Pop we are proud of him for the things he is doing. [cl

Don

Latest posts

Back