Lil' Nash

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$$$$$$$$$

Well , here we goooooooo![cl
As I said before,I ordered my Fatman front end Friday at the goodguys show and today I made a few calls and have an 08 saturn redline 2.0 turbo engine and 5 speed manual trans coming in a wk or so. Time to get busy! I'll post some pics soon![P
As they say at the Olympics............LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!![cl:D:D:D

Got it!!!

Well I got my engine and trans for my Nash project![cl
The engine came out of an 08 HHR SS Turbo with only 22k miles[dr and the 5 speed manual trans is out of an 08 Saturn Sky with only 25k.
I called Fatman Fab. today and they said it wont be till next wk for me to receive my new IFS.[;)
I'm excited to get started!
Staaaaaay toooooned!

Attachments

• ecotecturbo2.jpg
    ecotecturbo2.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 52
  • ecotecturbo.jpg
    ecotecturbo.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 39
What A good looking engine. I can see a lot of potential there. It even has a somewhat vintage feel with the twin cam cover. I wonder how difficult that would be to adapt to my Audi A4 transaxle? I may be asking you for a few dimensions in the future if that would be okay.

Keep building,
Paul

What A good looking engine. I can see a lot of potential there. It even has a somewhat vintage feel with the twin cam cover. I wonder how difficult that would be to adapt to my Audi A4 transaxle? I may be asking you for a few dimensions in the future if that would be okay.

Keep building,
Paul

For sure ! I'll be learning all this computer controlled stuff too! So ask away and if I can help you I'll try!

Keep building,
Paul

So it's probably going to be like all reliable and stuff. :D

YES! Reliable and Good on Gas, because I plan on making this my daily driver![cl

For sure ! I'll be learning all this computer controlled stuff too! So ask away and if I can help you I'll try!

Give a shout when you are into it. 12 years in a GM dealer as a tech and I do turbo builds for fun. I still have a bunch of connections so I can get you GM schematics and such. [P

So looks like this thing will be more fun than a high school prom date :rolleyes:

good luck with shoving that motor in there. I rode in a HHR SS, a guy down the road from me had one. It was pretty dang fast!

OH I'm EXCITED NOW!

I was looking for a correct wiring harness for this engine swap into my Nash and got to looking on the net for a "STAND ALONE" Harness! Well I found one and will be using their harness! CBM Motorsports in Cal. makes a stand alone harness and it comes with ECU and throttle pedal(they are electronic) Stock turbo engine has 20lbs of boost and 260 HP ! With their harness it is pre programmed
to make 30 lbs of boost and 350 HP !:eek: OH yea!![dr[cl[cl That's what I'm Talking about!
Stay tooned staying tooned there is more to come![P[P[P

Update !

OK still gathering parts![cl
I am doing some 1/4" steel parts work for a guy for a military halftrack so I swapped steel and my labor for another 51 nash wagon! PARTS CAR!! [dr

Finally received my Fatman Fab. IFS! Ordered it the 7th of July and got it Aug 2!
BOUT TIME!!! [P:mad:
I bought an 8.8 rear to use but even after measuring to cut and use two short side axles its still too wide! :confused: SOOOO .... I got a 9in rear and had it narrowed (53'' rim to rim) from a local guy for $150 thats rear he supplied and labor to narrow it!:cool:
Bought some cool old mirrors and a visor on the Ebay too.
Then today (while at work) had a guy in the office come out and ask me if I was still looking for a 9in third member? YES I AM!! he found one on craigs list for me 370 gear with posi and 31 spline for $100.
I called the guy and he brought the third member with him and met me in front of ODD lots (which is on my way home) and I loaded it in my car and GLADLY handed him $100. and came home very happy![cl:cool:
NOW i will get busy(as soon as the temp. cools down)
I'll post pics soon![;)

Latest posts

Back