Long time lurker, first time builder

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Progress

No pics but I got the fuel line and brake lines run this weekend. Does anyone know what size fitting to use coming out of the fuel pump to the fuel log? and are you all running hard line or rubber line to fuel log? Thanks

Lines are ran

Well no pics yet but I ran brake and fuel lines. I also hit up the swap meet last weekend and picked a 4:11 gear. BYE BYE 2:75 and gas mileage... if I wanted gas mileage I would of built a cool Prius (Oxymoron). Well now that you are laughing headed to garage this evening to put in a little time. Have a good one.

Well a few hours over the weekend has the start of my floor boards in preogress. I took a couple vacation days to spend in the garage this week to finish them up. Once they are done I am going to wire this dude up and build some headers. Then time to start her up. I am hopeing to have it going by end of May. Want to debut at Beatersville. If any of you are close to Louisville, this show is a good one!!!

Attachments

• Floor Boards.jpg
    Floor Boards.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 45
Busy busy

Been super busy here lately and have not stopped to update the build. Since the last pics I have cut the floors out of some old diamond plate I had left over. It is a little heavy but not to bad. I have some 18ga that I will be using for the tunnel. Here are couple pics of that. I also made my first set of headers this past weekend. I am pretty stoked at how they turned out. I am dropping them off tonight at a buddies for him to heliarc them. I think it will look alot cleaner if he does that vs. me welding and grinding them. It is coming along, can't wait to hear this beast!!!

Pics coming....

Pics

Here are the pics. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMAG0744.jpg
    IMAG0744.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMAG0745.jpg
    IMAG0745.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMAG0778.jpg
    IMAG0778.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMAG0779.jpg
    IMAG0779.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMAG0781.jpg
    IMAG0781.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMAG0782.jpg
    IMAG0782.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 44
Progress

So I finish welded the headers and painted them black. I got them mounted and started on the tranny tunnel and mounted my 50cal rounds that I drilled for spark plug wire looms. Slow progress but good progress.

Attachments

• IMAG0786.jpg
    IMAG0786.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 31
  • IMAG0787.jpg
    IMAG0787.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMAG0788.jpg
    IMAG0788.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMAG0790.jpg
    IMAG0790.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 32
Hi flatgrey. I always liked the '41 grille but on a fenderless truck the '38 works best. Now, on a really dark night could you swap out your wheels and end up with those cool artillery wheels from the next bay. Do you think he'd notice? [ddd
Keep on tinkering.

Hi flatgrey. I always liked the '41 grille but on a fenderless truck the '38 works best. Now, on a really dark night could you swap out your wheels and end up with those cool artillery wheels from the next bay. Do you think he'd notice? [ddd
Keep on tinkering.

OOOHHH How I have tried. Wrong bolt pattern and Dad reminds he brought me into the world and could take me out ......if parts go missing. LOL

Ok so I am not the best about logging activity. Only thing left is to bleed brakes, put in windshield, put glass in headlights, and a few little interior cosmetic things. It will be at the Pumpkin Run. Here is a couple pics without hood on and a link to video of the motor running. Finished tuning last night. I am like a puppy with 2 peepee's right now.....HAPPY!!!!

http://youtu.be/seTJqFDXZLs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 45
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 44

Latest posts

Back