Losing the 3 piece rims on a '53 Binder

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruceKoukalaka

I am curious if someone out there knows how I could retain the leaf spring/dropped axle on my R130 but get updated rims (these 17" 3 piece ones are terrible to get rubber for). I love the look of the drop axle but want something a bit easier to get custom rims/tires. Sorry about the way it looks but the truck is all but sunk into the field.

Attachments

• IMG_4386.jpg
    IMG_4386.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 25
I am curious if someone out there knows how I could retain the leaf spring/dropped axle on my R130 but get updated rims (these 17" 3 piece ones are terrible to get rubber for). I love the look of the drop axle but want something a bit easier to get custom rims/tires. Sorry about the way it looks but the truck is all but sunk into the field.

Let me know if you find something...what is your lug pattern? I've got a 67 with split rims :mad: you only have 4? I've got 6!

I'm a bit surprised there are only singles out back on my truck however it looks like I could put duallies on with only adding the outer rims/tires And they are six bolt per wheel VERY wide pattern

Last edited:
I have 6 lugs, I am wondering what my lug nut pattern is so I can find rims...

What Binder do you have?

I have a 1967 International 1300b

You can have abapters made so you can go to a different lug pattern and a more easily found wheel and tire combo.

Any idea how this would work? Also, how epensive is this option? I was considering it because I'd love to run OBS Powerstroke Rims.

Mine's a '53 R130 (1 ton) look at "a couple of pics of my sweet truck" in "Rat rod and hot rod Photos"[cl

Do you happen to have any pictures of your rear end and lug pattern? I'm wondering if it's the same as mine... I haven't measured mine.

Here's my build thread...

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25007

I couldn't agree more about the rear brakes but I don't have the funds to go through the hassle of a new rear end. I'd love to get one with disc but oh well, I'm making do with that I got. I wonder what rear end you have, I believe I have the RA15 1 ton.

Do you happen to have any pictures of your rear end and lug pattern? I'm wondering if it's the same as mine... I haven't measured mine.

Here's my build thread...

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25007

I couldn't agree more about the rear brakes but I don't have the funds to go through the hassle of a new rear end. I'd love to get one with disc but oh well, I'm making do with that I got. I wonder what rear end you have, I believe I have the RA15 1 ton.
I probably have the same diff but I think mine is running a 5 series ratio (another thing to consider)

I'm pretty sure mine is in the area of 5.11 : 1 Farm gears LOL

Wow! I have no idea what ratio I have, haven't ran her yet still working things out. Been struggling with the brakes, finally got em back together.

I've got the 241 6Cyl 4 Speed in her, gonna be pretty sweet when she's done!

Anyway, I'm thinking the wheel adapter might be best for me - I'd love to run some Powerstroke rims as said before.

Eventually it will be getting the 7.3 IDI Turbo'd motor from a 93 Ford, but that's later on down the road once this bad boy gets to be a running driving project!

Tomorrow I'm going to do my damnest to get that brake situation worked out, I have just every piece I need its just a matter of getting it all bolted up. I'm having some trouble getting the master cylinder unhooked from the brake pedal, seems like such an easy task I don't know why its giving me such a hard time!

Latest posts

Back