Losing the 3 piece rims on a '53 Binder

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 52 L112, and some genius moved it to right next to the crankcase breather. I would check oldihc.org for more information on your bolt pattern. Im looking at getting a Cummins 4bt, and dana 44 front and 60 rear.

I have a 52 L112, and some genius moved it to right next to the crankcase breather. I would check oldihc.org for more information on your bolt pattern. Im looking at getting a Cummins 4bt, and dana 44 front and 60 rear.

Actually that's where mine is too, I didn't get a real good look until I got the old girl home and safely into my garage.

Actually that's where mine is too, I didn't get a real good look until I got the old girl home and safely into my garage.

Bruce, you know I was thinking... and forgive my newbie rookie terms here and I sure hope you can follow.

You have your drum, attached to the drum is the "section" of metal where the lugs attach...or are those on the drum?

My thought was to remove the studs, recreate your desired bolt pattern and drill the new holes and weld shut the old ones...

How difficult could this be?

Bruce, you know I was thinking... and forgive my newbie rookie terms here and I sure hope you can follow.

You have your drum, attached to the drum is the "section" of metal where the lugs attach...or are those on the drum?

My thought was to remove the studs, recreate your desired bolt pattern and drill the new holes and weld shut the old ones...

How difficult could this be?

To do this correctly you would need a fully set up machine shop however I do like your thinking outside the box so to speak Tecster.
[;)

To do this correctly you would need a fully set up machine shop however I do like your thinking outside the box so to speak Tecster.
[;)

Well one way it could be done - cut the studs flush with the hub, tack weld from the inside ensuring they are gonna hold tight. Measure to the right measurements (measure 6 million times drill once lol) then with a drill press, enough cutting oil and the right bit you should be okay no?

Latest posts

Back