Lost my dog last night

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

42chevy

Rustier Rat Rodder
I know this is OT , but my wife inherited an older Chihuahua about 3 years ago. She was about 4 pounds and of course she had to "choose" me. Well I am 40 and I have never been more in touch with a dog. Her name was Bitsy and she started having trouble breathing Friday night so I slept out in my recliner last night and she died in her sleep. She was right up against me when she passed on. Boy it hurts so much to lose her , she adored me and I adored her. I am a big guy and almost ashamed of how devastated that I am. I feel like I lost my best friend and I guess I did. This is my first thread that I have started aside from my intro. Maybe now I will participate a little more. Thanks for reading and if this is inappropriate delete it . Thanks

42, It's unbelievably tough when this happens. We raised and showed Bernese Mt. Dogs for twenty years and had three pass with their heads in my lap. I feel for you. Nothing to be ashamed of, just shows you have a heart.

Several of us have gone through it, and posted up on the forum. It hurts, and there is no way around it. Sorry to here of it, but time heals all wounds.

I'd bet most of us at RRR have pets. So this is the place to go when you lose your best friend. You gave Bitsy a good home and lots of love. It was great you had each other.

Sorry to hear about that 42Chevy. I lost a dog earlier this year that was almost 16 years old. That dog was part of the family and left an empty spot when she left us. It really is a sad thing.

I too fully understand your pain. I lost my friend of almost 13 yrs. a couple years ago. She was a major part of our family as well. My daughter was born and grew up with her. They give us the gift of unconditional love and leave us with everlasting memories. Cherish that.

it is a relationship that you'll always cherish, and when a relationship is lost, whether human or pet it hurts......we're glad you shared your heart..we wish you the best in your time of loss and our sympathy goes out to you

HRP

Thanks so much for the replies. It helps to know I am not alone in showing my love for a dog. She meant so much to all of us and I sure will miss her sitting on my lap surfing RRR. You guys are the only group on the web that I felt comfortable expressing my feelings to . Thank you all so much.

I feel your pain 42chevy..I had a red Doby named Brandy. She was a sweetheart that I lost 13 years ago. I still get misty eyed when I think about her.

It is sad and sometimes hard to get over. I had a ten y/o Shar-pei that my wife (who passed away 4 years ago) got for me when he was five weeks old, he was also born on my birthday. He's been here all these years and around equiptment and big trucks. While moving a dumptruck I looked over and he was chasing a chipmonk in and out of a pipe. When I walked back, he was laying where the truck was. I couldn't talk to anybody for two or three days, I had to fill the void so I looked for another and found one about 100 miles north of here that was 4 years old. Shar-pei's are a one person dog and nobody wanted this one - the people had to get rid of him but the shelter would only keep him for three day, then it would be put to sleep.
Anyway he's been here 6 months and there has been some up's as well as downs, but he's my best friend and sometimes I think my only friend. I know know he's not the same but he's filled that void and I think I might have saved him also.
Sorry to ramble on but get another pet as soon as you can, it worked for me!

wheels006.jpg

wheels005.jpg

As Bonehead and Gastrick stated we had this discussion a few months ago there's nothing to be ashamed of. As i stated then I had to put my dog of 16 years down last year it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Strangely emough his name was Lil Bits very similar name. Time heals but it won't make you forget.

I am a big guy and almost ashamed of how devastated that I am. I feel like I lost my best friend and I guess I did. This is my first thread that I have started aside from my intro. Maybe now I will participate a little more. Thanks for reading and if this is inappropriate delete it . Thanks

I just joined the forum today (hi) and this thread caught my attention. I lost my dalmatian last year right after Christmas. We adopted her with she was 4 and she died at 9 (heart problems). I felt the same way. Still really miss that dog. For the last 6 months of her life I took her to work every day. for the last month I had to pick her up to get her in the car. I couldn't tell the folks at work what happend to her without choking up.

so long story short... I know how you feel. Dogs are just different, they're really a very cool gift from God.

42. Im sorry about your loss. A dog is a wonderful friend. Ive lost two very good dogs in my life and in both cases it left me feing awful. Great thing about a dog is that when you come home they love you no matter what. If youve had the worst day ever they always find a way to make you smile.

Being an animal lover, I feel your pain. I've lost a lot of my dear friends over the years, and it's never easy. Two years ago I lost two dogs and a cat in side of 10 months...all were from old age, and it was tough. I just try and remember all of the good times and know that they were loved and lived a good life.

I love this site because of the type responses we've seen here.

This thread would probably have been deleted on a couple of the other sites we all frequent.

Sorry for your loss ,I lost my springer spaniel of 9 years , she was in tune with me while we were hunting and my best friend ,I own a boarding kennel and see app.400 dogs a month ,and it still hurts
I have got a Boykin spaniel now and we are becoming good friends,Although see can never take her place .she helps me with the pain
DUCKMAN-AKA -dogman

Latest posts

Back