Mack rebuild

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmoline

Iam in the process of rebuilding her after a lady ran a red light and hit me head on. 100_1544.jpg

100_1545.jpg

100_1548.jpg

100_1549.jpg

thuoght i would start off showing some of the damage. The frame got racked 4", the impact broke off the steering box shaft,also tore the mounting pad right out the tail shaft housing, motor mount crossmember was pushed into oil pan causing crank to beat a hole in it. my wife's legs did that to the dash.Decided to replace the frame since it was racked so bad. will be changing some things to give it a new look.

Here is the chassis had some dual wheel adapters made up using 16" Coker knobbys for a old style look. went 15" artillery on the front I guess they stopped making them in 16"DSCN0169a.jpg

DSCN0167a.jpg

If you are going to be looking for the same grille I believe I have it in the shed and I am not going to be using it. If your interested in it let me know!

They had insurance but it took me from June to Nov for them to settle and I could not touch the truck untill they settled so I lost the whole summer.

thuoght i would start off showing some of the damage. The frame got racked 4", the impact broke off the steering box shaft,also tore the mounting pad right out the tail shaft housing, motor mount crossmember was pushed into oil pan causing crank to beat a hole in it. my wife's legs did that to the dash.Decided to replace the frame since it was racked so bad. will be changing some things to give it a new look.

Man ,,,,,how is your wife ? That must have been painful.

I've been thinking about running dualies, where did you get your adapters. Got a 50 263ci straight 8 thats going in my 35 Dodge pu.:)

I got the cab mounted this week everything lined up good except I found that the steering column had collapsed about 1 inch so i have to pull it back out should not be much problem. Also when I redone the tranny mount new rubber mount was about 1/2" thinner so oil pan was touching the crossmember so had to shim it up. Started to mount bed and found that the 88 frame has a little bit different rear crossmember so the rear bed mounts wont work so I have to swap out crossmember of redo my mounts. My MIG died earlier so I have to rewire a plug for the 180 Lincoln welder I bought. then I can stert on the grill,core support, and mount the 46 Chevy head lights I got for it.

Latest posts

Back