Made some New Zoomies

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustylocke

I saw some Velocity Stacks the other day and thought, that would make a cool looking header. So I made some. What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_4897.jpg
    IMG_4897.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_4904.jpg
    IMG_4904.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 91
exhaust looks great! on another note, any chance you got closeup pics of your front suspension? mainly your brackets for the straight axle and spring?

Hey 4drcaddy See if this helps. Original 46 Ford PU Axle. Angle iron with Batwing welded to it.

Attachments

• _MG_4571.jpg
    _MG_4571.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 55
  • _MG_4588.jpg
    _MG_4588.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 60
I don't have a digital camera, well I just got one haven't figured it out yet!!

I hope to be putting some pics on here of my truck soon. But I never got any with the Zoomies. Now I have fenderwell type headers on it.
I liked the zoomies, but it runs quite a bit better with the headers.
Biggest difference between mine and you'res is that mine came out and slanted slightly rearward. I didn't have flares on the ends either, I like that!!!

I personally would like to see the rear mount in double shear (plate on both sides of the joint) and put the shock mount onto the plate not on the upper batwing bolt. It puts a whole lot of side load on the bolt and wing. might fail down the road. Just my &.02. Pipes look good!

I have been trying to figure out a way to remount that front shock. Any ideas? On the back mount there is another gusset, you can't see it in the picture.

On the back mount there is another gusset, you can't see it in the picture.

ah. cool. On the front shock is there room to mount it to the angle iron the batwing is welded to? so it is off the top bolt and down behind the batwing?

Latest posts

Back