Making of a 26 T Up Nort

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you build the windshield frame.? Did you slide the glass in from the bottom, and how did you fasten the bottom of frame back on to.?
Nice Build..and pretty quick !!

The frame is from Speedway. I had been watching and bidding on frames up until I needed to have it. The frame is a shortened 4 Inches. The top tube removes to install the glass by removing the pivot studs. I got the uprights that are shortened the same but mount different and did not appeal to me. So I got the normal supports and shortened them to the needed height, the bottom sits in the frame groove. I made a 4" long inside backer to stiffen the frames. The rubber on the bottom of the frame fills most of the gap, as I see I could of been 1/4" shorter. The safety glass cost 125.00 for the custom cut of the 26-27 T-touring.

Completed the Grille guard yesterday, fixed a gas leak, modified the floor metal to accept the steering shaft and a few other odds n ends. I must of got the wrong dipstick with the transmission. I start it and let it run for a bit on jack stands then check the trans. When I add enough to get to the bottom of the full mark it tosses it all out on the floor. I did get a locar dipstick to install but am still using the long stick that came with this trans.

8a.jpg
12.jpg

Hey where did you get the mesh for you grille insert?

I was looking for a woven wire mesh and will keep looking, but the mesh I ended up with is a handi panel from menards. There is too much small rocks on the roads here to not put something to protect the aluminum grille.

I was looking for a woven wire mesh and will keep looking, but the mesh I ended up with is a handi panel from menards. There is too much small rocks on the roads here to not put something to protect the aluminum grille.

Cool thanx bro!! By the way the ride looks killer!!!!

Sound material (Gutter sealer) applied. The doors got filled with foam. Might not be a rusty Rat but I built it the way I like it.
100_4471.jpg

100_4478.jpg

100_4476.jpg

100_4475.jpg

Testing the seat arrangement
Toms26TAA.jpg

Change it time. Happens sometimes. Need to lower the bottom seats and move the back back a bit. 2" of foam for the back and 3 or 4 for the bottom depending if I move the battery.
That decal is looking really good, If there is another set in the future, it will be darkened up a little more. To look more faded.

The not so grand sneek preview.
I snuck it outside today so I could clean the shop and have some space to start the panels and seats.

Toms26Tbh.jpg

Toms26tPassrear.jpg

Toms26tRear.jpg

More progress.
Headers have high temp paint now. The extensions also but are left off for interior access.
34.jpg

Interior work is down to the seat cushions and floor covering.
40.jpg

Man, great build!!

You pulled it off nicely....[cl looks excellant..... nothing left but drive the heck out of it..... it is as the kids say "totally awesome"..

Call the seats - Dun, picked up the floor covering tonight.
100_4486.jpg

100_4488.jpg

The engine unveiled.
100_4484.jpg

Hmm, light at the end of the tunnel I see.
100_4497.jpg

Thanks to the snow storm on the way, I hope to get it out Sunday or Monday for some good pictures. I like to call it my Hot Rat Rod and it built the way I like it, still might change some but all the major stuff is ready for the state boys.

Carpet installed, call the interior - DUN!!
49.jpg

Now for the once over to double check the bolts and any missing bare metal with the primer and the satin black.

I found the light at the end of the tunnel and it says "EXIT"!
Here are some finished photos for now, I plan on finding a good place for some shots later and a short video. But for now I can say the major items and the main look is done. Thanks for watching the progress of my build of the UP Nort 26T. My next task is the State inspection and Plates.

Toms26tFR03.jpg

Toms26tPF01-1.jpg

Toms26tDF01.jpg

Toms26tRear.jpg

Great looking car! I live in Poplar, hope to see it running around this summer. I'm wondering, can you go without fenders in Wisconsin?

Ed

Latest posts

Back