Model A rod build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralphiejantz

figured I would post some pics of the model a im doing right now
nothing fancy
put together with mostly parts and a drivetrain I had left over from other projects
just looking for something to have fun with
heres some pics of what I got going on
engine is running and trans and rear end are working good
I just did the suicide style front end
still have to put some front shocks on it
and mount up the headlights
run the brake lines
mount the seats
and finish up some wiring for the lights and it should be ready to start putting some miles on it
let me know what you think

im probably gonna just paint it flat black or strip all the paint and leave it with the patina on there
HotRod093.jpg

HotRod090.jpg

HotRod089.jpg

HotRod094.jpg

I like it! I like the red with the distressed black. It looks like it will be a blast to cruise around in. Pretty cool especialy for stuff you just had "left over"!

that's a good use of left over parts. I see you have a McCreary county tag on that beast. you from down around Stearns? My Grandmother's whole family is down there and I have spent a lot of time down there.

You definately have a cool ride. Keep us posted on the progress.

thanks guys
no Im not from KY
the body of the car is though
it came from Stearns I took a long trip down there back around April time to pick it up
Ive been slowly putting it back together since

thanks again for the compliments
Im working on the steering box this week and waiting for the drop steering arms to show up and hopefully have some more pics up in a few days

I made up some headers for the car today let me know what you think
I bought the cones from speedway and had the flanges and the bends left over in the scrap pile
I think they came out alright cost me less than $100 so far
I want to add some baffles to them later on

they were pretty easy to do once I found the first angle I needed to cut on the bends I just made a jig on the chop saw and sanded down the end that connects to the cone with the nose of a belt sander and squeezed the flange end in the vise to get the oval shape for the sbf flanges

HotRod097.jpg

then just did the same thing for next etc. etc.
HotRod098.jpg

after that I traced around the outside edge of the tube where the cone needed to be opened up and drilled a pilot hole
HotRod100.jpg

I then came in with a hole saw and a carbide bit and shaped the opening
HotRod099.jpg

after each tube was done I went back and welded the inside of the flanges to the tubes and trimmed them down to shape and sanded them flush with the belt sander
HotRod101.jpg

heres what they look like all finished
HotRod102.jpg

HotRod103.jpg

Huh. Missed this build. Nice pile of left over parts! I lik the paint the way it is - paint the name on the other door, some pinstripes and yer good.

Latest posts

Back