More Junk

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead

Skull Master
I am going to owe you guys alot of pictures over the next week or so.
I asked a friend of mine to ask his neighbor if he wanted to sell a couple of old truck cabs sitting behind a shed. The friend came through. The owner is building a totally restored 38 Chevy Pickup, and is a retired machinist. His truck is going to look like it just rolled in to the dealer. He bought one cab for the dash. And the other one for some small part he needed. I met with him and he told me he was getting ready to take them in for SCRAP! :eek: To save him the trouble, he gave:D me both cabs, a frame, two fenders, and a straight 6 block. In return I will remove the dash from one cab, and take the e -brake bracket, and battery box off the frame for him. It looks like a 36 low cab and a 37 Chevy pickup. One is minus the doors,:(. The other looks really good. He has them wrapped up in a tarp. I have to wait for the ground to dry up a bit so I don't tear up his yard, but should have them in a week.

Nice score and you can't beat the price either. That reminds me, I needed some early 70's Mopar radio knobs so a bought a 70 Hemi Cuda that had the ones I needed. I'm going to scrap the rest of it if anybody wants it.

Ah, with the price of gas I'm gonna have to pass on that Hemi Bill. Thanks for the offer, but I don't think you are going to find anyone who will want one of those old things now. :rolleyes::D

Bonehead, you are turning into a metal magnet. 40 years from now some guys will be posting pictures of "this old guys place where there are tons of old cars, but the old codger won't part with any of them." :D

Let's face it, WE ARE ALL CRAZY!! :eek: We all have more projects than we will ever finish in 3 lifetimes, but we keep dragging more home.

Don

Latest posts

Back