More Model A parts....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchs66

Hi Everyone, been asking around looking for parts and found a spot this past Saturday. I'm wanting to build a Model A pickup or rat truck, I have some parts and found some more. These were 4 door cars but I can use some of the parts.

Attachments

• R Model A 032.jpg
    R Model A 032.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 52
  • R Model A 035.jpg
    R Model A 035.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 48
  • R Model A 037.jpg
    R Model A 037.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 49
  • R Model A 038.jpg
    R Model A 038.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 47
I was originally thinking of extending the doors 6 to 8 inches but found some pictures on Google and kind of like them [S. I know Model A cabs are small so maybe this would help a little.

Attachments

• extended cab 1.jpg
    extended cab 1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 51
  • extended cab 2.jpeg
    extended cab 2.jpeg
    7.8 KB · Views: 66
  • extended cab 3.jpeg
    extended cab 3.jpeg
    10.3 KB · Views: 72
I like #1 and #2. #3, the back window is a bit too wide. Might look better if the bed on it was longer. #2 is a sharp truck!

Thank you Guys. I'm thinking just using the parts the way they are,filling the wheel well on the bottom and probably a little longer box. I think that would be easier than extended the doors like my original plan.

What are some of the pieces you are looking for? I will keep you in mind Sam, I don't know as of yet what will be left over though[S I have 2 27 foot pieces of 2 x 4, another cowl and doors...almost enough stuff to have a good start on 2 rigs. I'm planning on keeping the frame around for some measurements and my friend David J. is wanting it when I'm done with it. As of now I'm not planning on running any fenders but I've changed my mind at least a hundred times. I'm still needing to find a sun visor and have a couple places to look at more parts, which may turn into bringing home another parts car or 2.

Pretty much looking for anything that isn't body. Running boards, pans that go over the frame (above the running boards), fender brackets, rear bumper, etc.

Sam, I work tomorrow and Saturday plan on going to Wayland so on Sunday I will try and get you some better pictures and inventory. I will PM you, Thank you.

Latest posts

Back