morris 10/12hp 1936 N/E ENGLAND

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustmeister

north east of england in county cleveland (yep the
hi, some pics of my Morris 10/12,after getting home it was off with the perished tyres, my neighbours always enjoy me doing stuff like this on the front, well it looked like cheery waves they were doing and im positive it was good wishes they were shouting,

Attachments

• !BcN6BHQBWk~$(KGrHqEH-EEEquWVUihgBKzhitYGWQ~~_12.jpg
    !BcN6BHQBWk~$(KGrHqEH-EEEquWVUihgBKzhitYGWQ~~_12.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 79
  • tyre cutting on rod.jpg
    tyre cutting on rod.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 64
so a bit more about it

bought as a rolling shell started making progress staright away ripping all the rubbish out of it as you may notice in the last pic ive managed to drop a 302 ford in it, causing a bit of stress to the chassis but its going to get plenty of strength in there yet, this car is going to get abuse, i took a unit in a mates scrapyard he had going cheap for a while and then the next chapter began

Attachments

• spooky rod 1.jpg
    spooky rod 1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 41
  • !BcN541wBWk~$(KGrHqEH-EUEqt-ckIQkBKzhi(WL5g~~_12.jpg
    !BcN541wBWk~$(KGrHqEH-EUEqt-ckIQkBKzhi(WL5g~~_12.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 35
  • rod 1.jpg
    rod 1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 36
  • rod 2.jpg
    rod 2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 37
  • rod 3.jpg
    rod 3.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 36
  • morris1.jpg
    morris1.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 61
the scrapyard times

so i thought i want to keep loads of original stuff on this, but bring a bit of steampunk on board maybe, i stuck the axle on top of the springs at the front so i can use the original but its a way of dropping it , i did it in such a way as i have kept all the angles right, the springs are ancient and so its all a bit sagged but im thinking of sticking some airbags under there to help it all and just let the springs do the location and a bit of assisting, got a manual box but not as high spec as i would like and an LSD mustang axle that needs narrowing for the back

Attachments

• gearbox position in rod.jpg
    gearbox position in rod.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 38
  • gearbox mounted 2.jpg
    gearbox mounted 2.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 39
  • front veiw of finished chassis.jpg
    front veiw of finished chassis.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 36
  • rod mockup in workshop.jpg
    rod mockup in workshop.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 54
the latest bit

got torn into the roof chop next, it was my first attempt and i would have done things different in retrospect but its nearly all done now anyway and its gettin there, next on the list is get the back axle sorted then i can sort the ladder bars and airbags, ive got some TENZALOY two peice wheels from the gibbons boise foundry, with some 13" mickey t`s to go on them but they will take "15 `s no problem, now i know this is a trip in a different direction with a rat but its going to be kind of pro street at the back, I just love the look of it with those rusty old arches on

Attachments

• morris half chopped.jpg
    morris half chopped.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 60
  • rod mock up at rear.jpg
    rod mock up at rear.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC00381.jpg
    DSC00381.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 37
Ditto, ditto. Really cool & different.

Was that thing really 12 hp originally? Wow, even a model T had 25!

its a kind of tax thing of how cars were rated over here, actual hp was a mind blowing 23, 20 of which would be firmly employed just hauling the engine block around, they would have used concrete but found a metal that was even heavier haha

just tried uploading some up to date pics but having probs with the site, will stick up a load of pics as soon as I can, drve the car up to Whitby Custom car show last weekend, its about a 35 mile drive and it was my first drive of the car and it was all pretty risky so I waited till it was dark to hide from any bored policemen, the car was untested and those front wheels where 70 odd years old and the spokes looked like the hair on an angels head, I stopped on route coz I thought they were snapping but it was the 50 year old crossply tyres wandering about on the wet road, no windscreen and a november chilling wind didnt help, still it made it though the bottom end has developed a bit of a rattle and ive decided to stretch the front doors and lose the rears and put some disc brakes up front behind some 15" centrelines to get some steering and stopping going on, pics to follow all being well chaps

Latest posts

Back