Must be a joke

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a Pacer, new, back in the mid-70's. We used to drive 11 hours to Maine in that baby, and I would be tanning in the back of that thing. No AC. Pretty much a piece of junk.

I was sort of hoping that I would never hear about one of those again. I think AMC made some of the ugliest cars ever produced during that time period. The Matador was a real beauty too:confused:

One too many zero's!!!

I think he made a mistake & typed 1 too many 0's. Probably $650!!! ; - >

BoB

Didn't Bobby Allison win the Daytona 500 in a Matador??

I don't think so cycledog. Bobby Allison won 3 Daytona 500's. Once in a Ford and twice in Buicks. I can't find any record of an AMC winning the Daytona 500. Allison did drive for Penske in a Matador though. They don't look too bad in full race trim.

I don't think so cycledog. Bobby Allison won 3 Daytona 500's. Once in a Ford and twice in Buicks. I can't find any record of an AMC winning the Daytona 500. Allison did drive for Penske in a Matador though. They don't look too bad in full race trim.

You are correct Allison finished 2nd in the 75 Daytona.

Winston Western 500 - Riverside - Mark Donohue - January 21, 1973
Los_Angeles_Times_500 - Ontario - Bobby Allison - November 24, 1974
Winston Western 500 - Riverside - Bobby Allison - January 19, 1975
Rebel 500 - Darlington - Bobby Allison - April 13, 1975
Southern 500 - Darlington - Bobby Allison - September 1, 1975
Bobby Allison also won the non-points race Daytona 125 February 13, 1975 and finished second in the Daytona 500 3 days later.

When I was a kid we had a friend that was into building all sorts of crazy stuff. The first time I met him he was biulding a T bucket in his basment. Well long story short, he had one of these fishbowls up on a jeep 4x4 chassie. This was back in the early 80's when putting everything on 4x4's was the in thing. Well I'm here to tell you that it was one of the coolest looking things I'd ever seen. The proportions where right on. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back