my $10 yard sale buy today

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratsnest

my $10 yard sale buy today,15x8 or 15x8.5 american racing rim the center of the rim is gold hope someone can tell me about what year it is.....

Attachments

• untitledar2.jpg
    untitledar2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 59
  • untitledamericanracing.jpg
    untitledamericanracing.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 49
Yep, that is what I think too. I had a set on my 64 Chevy in 65, and it was one of the first sets in our area, so I would think mid 60's on would be right.

Don

The T-70 version you have are getting hard to find without paying a collector top dollar. Great find.

Keep watching Ebay, single mags show up all the time.

In about 1975 I saw an ad in the paper that said something to the effect "Lots of mag wheels for sale." When I called them it was an old speed shop that had been closed up for years and they were cleaning out the building, so I went to see what they had. Literally the whole top floor of this shop was full of every kind of chrome and mag wheel you could imagine, and they were selling them off for something like $5-$10 each ! :eek:

I probably bought 5 complete sets of wheels and for years I dragged them around the country as we moved, then I got hard up for money and sold most of them off and just kept 2 sets that I used on my Mustang and my 32 rpu. I can still see that room in my mind with all those cool wheels stacked up, if only I knew then what I know now I would have bought more of them. :(

Don

Latest posts

Back