My 1941 Dodge Truck Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy, it's really lookin' coool. I guess I haven't been paying attention (too lazy to go back over your build), but judging by the space between the lights, it looks like the rad is going out back?

Guys, thanks for the kind words! I really appreciate it. :)

Boy, it's really lookin' coool. I guess I haven't been paying attention (too lazy to go back over your build), but judging by the space between the lights, it looks like the rad is going out back?

There will no radiator. I ordered the air-cooled kit last week and it should be here next wee........ :eek:

Man, I can slide any surprises past your fine tooth combs. Thank you for paying so much attention and your interest in my build! :)

The radiator will be mounted under the engine.

Where are you going to mount the gas tank?

Nice build and very creative! I like that!!!

Don

Thanks! The gas tank will go on top of the frame rails in the back.

------------------------
Update!

I started working on body mounts. I had waterjetted these 90º brackets that I used in conjunction with a piece of 1"x2" rectangular tubing to make the mounts. I didn't have time to get them welded onto the frame. I'll do that tomorrow.

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

I really like all the water jetted parts on your build..I had my front axle brackets laser cut, they came out great, but I would probably get myself in trouble if I had access to one at work:D

Have enjoyed your build so far..

Tim

I really like all the water jetted parts on your build..I had my front axle brackets laser cut, they came out great, but I would probably get myself in trouble if I had access to one at work:D

Have enjoyed your build so far..

Tim

Thanks man! :)

Those body mounts look great. [dr

Just curious, why did one of the plates have one less hole in it?

Thanks!

It was a mistake. Whoever made a tool path out of my .dxf file must have not included that hole in the path of the waterjet head. I usually populate an entire 4'x8' sheet with brackets, tabs and whatnot, and sometimes a small hole gets lost in there. LOL

Update!!

I worked on the floor a little bit today. I cut the rest of the stock floor out and tacked in the body mounts. I need to pick up some square tubing tomorrow and work on the floor skeleton. I really want to have the cab mounted this week. We'll see! :rolleyes:

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

I have a feeling that I may have to move the front mounts a few inches. Good thing they're just tacked in place!
IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

I'm really liking this stance:
IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

I'm liking the stance too. You need to put the radiator in the back - that is sick how it is now without a grille! [dr It would keep that beautiful front frame and suspension more in the open.

Thanks guys! :) :)

I had a couple of hours today to work on the floor. I got the basic layout of the floor done. I decided to build the floor skeleton out of 1"x2" rectangular tubing. I want to have removable floor panels and using rectangular tubing gives me more room to drill and tap for fasteners. I still have to mount the body, work on the firewall, kick panels and whatnot. It's coming along! :)

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

Thanks!

I have a couple of fans running in the garage, but no A/C. I bought a little swamp cooler for the garage, but I need to put it outside and run a duct in. It kind of cools when it's inside the garage, but after a while, it gets pretty humid. I still haven't figured out what to do, so for now I try to drink a lot of ice water and take breaks. It's the not the most ideal situation, but at least I'm in the shade, LOL! :)

No, I still don't have a solid plan to run the wires. I'm not a big fan of running wires and brake/fuel lines inside the frame rails. If something goes wrong, it'll make everything a lot harder. More than likely, I'll run everything in the driveshaft tunnel. I've thought about tucking the tail light wires in the frame, but I still don't know where I'm putting the tail lights.

I'm still debating whether I should run a tandem master with a proportioning valve or a dual master cylinder setup where I can adjust the bias, like a Wilwood. Regardless of what master cylinder setup I run, it'll be hidden. I'm not too crazy about the look of firewall mounted master cylinders on fenderless/hoodless cars.

For running the wires and stuff just do what my buddy does and use some s.s brake line or fuel ine that way you can still get to the wires but they are hidden and clean

Man that is one sweet truck, it's the first truck I seen that doesn't really need a top chop unless I skipped the chop part[S Really top shelf[dr[cl

Thanks buddy! :)

I quite agree Charles.Simply smashing. :)

Thanks earthman! :)

For running the wires and stuff just do what my buddy does and use some s.s brake line or fuel ine that way you can still get to the wires but they are hidden and clean

That's a good idea! Thanks for sharing!

-----------------------------

Update!

Making the floor has been a pain in my neck so far. I've done the front section of the floor twice already and ended up ripping it out because I didn't like it. I think I got it this time, though. Anyways, I got the body mounts done. I'll probably go to the shop tomorrow and finish the firewall. I can't wait for this floor to be finished!

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

Latest posts

Back