My 1941 Dodge Truck Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a question that goes back a few pages but where are you getting the 36" poly tube that you are cutting for body mounts. I was looking at using a hardening poly mix from granger but am interested in the cost comparison not to mention your way sounds alot faster a less labor intensive. P.S. found this thread while at work tonight got nothing done but read from begining to end and all i can say is impresive.[cl

Earthman, you were right, he is still a live!

Yes, I'm still alive. It comes as a surprise to my, too, considering what I've been doing and how busy I've been. LOL

-------------------------

Well, here it is boys and girls. I never thought I would do this, but somebody made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

IMG_0756.jpg

Hey congrats!! Had to really twist your arm huh ??? LOL

Yeah, loading a non-running, non-steering car onto a trailer is pain. I had to think long and hard about it. Plus, I built a garage to finish this car, and now the garage is going to sit empty.

Well, that's quite an update! So what's next?

What's next? I'm going to finish it at the shop! I kind of wanted to hint that I sold it; I don't know how many bought it, though. Well, I didn't sell it. :D

My boss/friend offered me to bring the car to the shop and work on it there (the offer I couldn't refuse). It's an 8,000 sq. ft. shop that is air conditioned. Plus, I already have my mill, lathe, welders, compressor and a bunch of other tools there. I'm setting up the shop now, and should be back on rat rod duty soon. I'll post pictures of the shop when I'm done running the air lines.

Thanks for looking! :)

IMG_0757.jpg

hahaha! I read the post in "what did you get done this weekend" first so you didn't quite catch me out!!:D

Absolutely beautiful! You really blew me away when ya said that you sold it.That truck would be a keeper forever to me. So glad to see that it was a joke. Just don't do that again, please. LOL

Dirty trick! I was bummed
free-sign-smileys-1010.gif
:)

:p

What E-man said ! Almost dropped my beer ! Of course, now you have no excuse for slacking....[P

Almost dropped your beer? Oh no, sorry! :(

hahaha! I read the post in "what did you get done this weekend" first so you didn't quite catch me out!!:D

Doh, bummer! LOL

Absolutely beautiful! You really blew me away when ya said that you sold it.That truck would be a keeper forever to me. So glad to see that it was a joke. Just don't do that again, please. LOL

Thanks bud! :D

Been a few days......MH is layin' low........:D:D:D

I do have an update, but I left my camera at the shop. Tomorrow, I promise! :D

Earthman, are you going to the GCC swap meet tomorrow?

Update! Wow, about freaking time!

I started working on the floor. I made the piece that would later form the transmission tunnel. I also reinforced the door thresholds by using 0.120" wall 1" square tubing. I need to finish the floor skeleton and make 4 body mounts and I'll have the cab completely mounted.

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

I also scored a set of Riteway Headlamp headlights at the swap meet today. I don't know what vehicle they're from. The seller told me they were an after market accessory in the 30's. I don't know if that's true or not, but I don't care, because I like the way they look. They've also been "converted" to use 7" sealed beam lights, so replacing the glass or getting new bulbs will be pretty easy.

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

This is pretty much where the headlights will end up. They're a little longer than I initially wanted (9" in diameter x 11.5" in length), so I have to modify the grill that I have yet to build. LOL
IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

Does anybody know anything about these headlights?

Thanks for looking! :)

Latest posts

Back